• Commercial/Vendors welcome

OneWheel

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Seeing the prime trucks on the road bring a smile to my face. I felt honored to park next to one at a truck stop knowing something in there had to be for meeeeeee!

Okay, I did it. I ordered one (pint) :) Coming to next CG. A few videos for training...

I could follow you around and just pick up the toys you throw away. Stay safe youngster. :coffee:

I could follow you around and just pick up the toys you throw away. Stay safe youngster. :coffee:
Haha, or pick me up! My goal is to never burn a calorie again!

well Neal I got rid of my wing when I started thinking about how much weight I might loose skidding along the pavement. Have fun, I have watched someone with one and it seems easy enough to control.

My friend fell off his yesterday and is injured, not sure to what extent. Yes, treading with extreme caution for sure. Helmet and wrist guards will be worn for starters. I once tried inline skates (roller blades) back in the day and figured that'd be fun with the then yellow lab I had. She crossed right in front of me and I learned to fly instantly. I survived. I do intend to take Elli with me once I'm proficient on this and we'll see how that works out.

@Neal, off topic, but I recall you posting about a one-wheel some time ago but I did not realize you actually bought one. I became intrigued by them this summer watching this guy roll all over Elkhorn Ridge.

How difficult is it to learn to ride/control one? How many skull fractures did you have to endure?

@Neal, off topic, but I recall you posting about a one-wheel some time ago but I did not realize you actually bought one. I became intrigued by them this summer watching this guy roll all over Elkhorn Ridge.

How difficult is it to learn to ride/control one? How many skull fractures did you have to endure?
It is very very dangerous but many things are and that's assumed risk for the thrill. There are a lot of collar bones with the OneWheel stamp on their repairs. I never ride faster than I can run off the front of it. Some of these can go very fast, near 20 mph and if you hit something and don't have proper gear, you have a ticket to the ER. I am also careful on the surface I ride. Mine is solely for transportation, I bought it to go with me in the airplane and travel large airport ramps and also exploring local areas when I fly in such as going to a local store a mile away with no car or other transportation.

It is neat, I really like it, I tried learning on grass first and that was harder for me as it's very uneven, etc. Others such as @redbaron stated he prefers grass to learn IIRC. Once I went on pavement things got easier. I did buy all the safety gear from helmet, elbow pads, wrist guards, etc. It was challenging at first then once you learn to just get on it and go you're all set. It's very cool! I hope to ride it some here, it's been a while, long while, so I'm a little concerned but plan to use it.

Latest resources

Back