• Commercial/Vendors welcome

OneWheel

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Which model do you have? Would you buy it again as a beginner?

Which model do you have? Would you buy it again as a beginner?
I have the Pint. Since then a new version came out. I have no regrets and no desire for anything else, it is a perfect fit for my use.

GT baby....all the way.

If your going to die, do it while having a blast!

This is how I get around in the campground. :)
Wow, I used to ride one of those when I was a kid. Today two feet work just fine. Moses walked every day and climbed mountains to his last day. He made it to 120 years of age. I am trying to follow his example, although many days I do spend more time sitting than I ought. :coffee: I am finally taking the time to enjoy the coffee.:cool:

Seeing the prime trucks on the road bring a smile to my face. I felt honored to park next to one at a truck stop knowing something in there had to be for meeeeeee!
You park in Truck space? Overnight? Which truck stops do you use?

Wow, I used to ride one of those when I was a kid. Today two feet work just fine. Moses walked every day and climbed mountains to his last day. He made it to 120 years of age. I am trying to follow his example, although many days I do spend more time sitting than I ought. :coffee: I am finally taking the time to enjoy the coffee.:cool:
I hear ya

Got back on the Onewheel Pint today, probably been a year since I last got on this thing. Yeah, a bit scared of it, but have to get back on this one wheeled horse again. As some packages showed up at the office I figured this would be a perfect way to go get them so here we go. Wasn't going to wear a helmet as I don't ride that fast but figured nah, better don the helmet so I did.

Had some strange noise which I thought was tire pressure too high, maybe from my western travels, nope, it was down to 9, pumped back up to 20. Still some odd noise but probably the bearings not being turned for a long time so off I go. Too many dang speed bumps here and no way I'm going over them right now, that's a sure kill. Riding is fine, beginner level at best, but I'm fine with it. Stopping is my problem. My wonderful dismount usually gains me scores of 2 from the onwatching crowd, I really need to figure out how to get off this dang thing. I know there are two options from the Onewheel way, lift a heel on the front, yeah, then what, or with simple stop enabled, as I have it, stop and go backwards slightly and try to get style points up to a 4. I typically just jump off but the crowd typically gasps, today I finally got simple stop under control and am working on a good path forward in getting off this darned thing properly.

Will continue to practice, yeah, crazy as can be, but I'm going for it. I can't wait to get @Jim on it.

I just watched this guy’s video today. He is pretty good at explaining things in ways that I’ve not seen anywhere else.

Mine shows up on Monday according to FedEx.

I can't wait to get @Jim on it.
No, no, no. It's been a year since you started this thread, and in that time, I've had second thoughts. Thought about the broken arms, legs, head, shoulder, clavicle, etc., etc.

So no. But good luck to you my friend. I'll come and visit while you rehab. :)

Latest resources

Back