• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Options for WiFi

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
With regards to certification of products by the vendors. or the carrier. I was only repeating the terminology currently being utilized on the Peplink forums regarding the Max Transit 5G. Don't really know what is involved or who accomplishes it. The 5G store even has you check off the following disclaimer if you purchase the Max Transit 5G device from them. I assume there is a reason for this.

I understand that AT&T and Verizon certifications are pending

I've not activated any new Verizon data lines in over a year. Typically, I call 2nd level support directly, provide them with the IMEI #, and the SIM card arrives the next day. If the device is on whatever list they maintain, the process is painless. If the IMEI # is not on the list, it can be a hassle to get the device working. I avoid going to a store or going through the wait time to get to 1st level support.

Uh...funny...according to recent experiences, those two have no clue as to what a PepWave even IS...let alone "certify" it on their system...4G OR 5G.

I assume the above comment refers to the support staff at the carrier's stores. I agree, 1st level phone support & most of the people at the stores are clueless. If the IMEI # ain't on the approved list, they are lost. However, I have found Verizon 2nd level support to be knowledgeable, and at times, helpful.

I hope everyone with recently purchased Peplink 5G Max Transit devices obtains their new AT&T or Verizon data only plans without any hassle (assuming you choose to use them). If you are successful in accomplishing this, there are a number of users over on the Peplink forum that would like to know how you accomplished it.

And, as cocky as it sounds, I walk into the store with the attitude that I’ve “been there-done that for longer than they’ve been old enough to work, let alone know about their services.”

It’s usually ?% fact!

I hope everyone with recently purchased Peplink 5G Max Transit devices obtains their new AT&T or Verizon data only plans without any hassle (assuming you choose to use them). If you are successful in accomplishing this, there are a number of users over on the Peplink forum that would like to know how you accomplished it.
What happens if you plug the IMEI in here? AT&T Prepaid Activation Portal
Here's an unused SIM / ICCID you can try 89014104272133835673

I've probably told this story before but that didn't work for my Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2. It said the IMEI is invalid so I went to a store. No problem getting the plan at the store although the rep didn't know or care what a Pepwave is. He said it was probably a 3G device if the form didn't accept it but he was happy to sell me the plan anyway.

Now when I try the IMEI on that form, it does accept it. I can vary the last digit and it still accepts it so it's not just because mine is now in the system. At some point, the form started accepting more IMEIs.

Does the form work for a 5G Max Transit?

I'm not using my Pepwave right now so the 30 days has expired and the account will be cancelled at the end of August. It stops after 30 days but you get 90 days from payment to when the plan is cancelled. Before the 90 days you can just refill online and the same SIM comes back to life. I'm probably going to let it cancel and then test signing up again from "cold" using the form with my own new SIM. If that works I'll be happy because it means it will be useful as a convenient "pay only when I need it" plan for the RV.

Someone on the Pepwave forums recently reported successful signup using the form but I don't recall what device he had.

Last edited:
Agreed. The clerks at cell stores are minimally trained and easily overloaded. Know what you want before you go in and be specific in what you ask for them run out the door!
That was my experience at AT&T. All 4 sales people INCLUDING the Manager got the deer in the headlights look when I told them the sim card was for my Pepwave Cellular Router. The T-Mobile guys all acted like they were on board with what it is and never skipped a beat. Your experience may vary depending on location............. :rolleyes:

I own a Surveying Instrument company and when a customer gets a system and needs a sim card we show them where the IMEI # is and where the sim card goes. They take it to the store and have to explain this every time. In the last 15 years I've met 1 person in a retail store who understood this.

Latest resources

Back