Question Oregon in May?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@Neal ,
If you are going near Tillamook, take a look at Netarts Bay Garden rv. We stayed overlooking the bay. Nice, clean, quiet park. They also own Sisters Garden rv in Sisters Oregon.
I've made no other plans other than a broad route. I'll refine soon and start making reservations. I like some of the forested options you provided and also the coastal ones. I love seafood so I'm excited to get there for some good eats. Looking forward to it.

If time allows spend a day or two in Bandon. Sleepy coastal town with a rock-n candy factory., also Sunset Bay State Park and a 15min drive to the Botanical Gardens at Coos Head

I loved the airplane museum. And any of the places along the coast. Pick up some local crab, smoked salmon and the like.
Tillamook Creamery was closed for a couple of years ago - they completely redid it all.
Deschutes beer factory in Bend. Golfing anywhere in Bend but esp in Sunriver. Visit the Lava Lands there.
Beer flights in Hood River.
Come see us and let Eli play with one of my cattle dogs. Too bad the Shakespeare festival won't be open.

I've made no other plans other than a broad route. I'll refine soon and start making reservations. I like some of the forested options you provided and also the coastal ones. I love seafood so I'm excited to get there for some good eats. Looking forward to it.try t
I've made no other plans other than a broad route. I'll refine soon and start making reservations. I like some of the forested options you provided and also the coastal ones. I love seafood so I'm excited to get there for some good eats. Looking forward to it.
Oregon is popular with rvers. I would make reservations asap. If you are staying at Seaperch, see if you can get a spot with an ocean view. Judy D

Thanks ALL, I'm booked up and ready to depart Casa Grande tomorrow. Was a challenge getting into a few of the CG's as we're all experiencing. Great tips, much appreciated.

nwtrip.png

Looks like I have one additional week so I don't have to be in Yakima until the end of May. Any suggestions after Netarts (stop west of Portland)? Should I go further north on the west coast of OR?

Looks like I have one additional week so I don't have to be in Yakima until the end of May. Any suggestions after Netarts (stop west of Portland)? Should I go further north on the west coast of OR?
We like Cannon Beach. It is a really pretty beach town. We stay at Cannon Beach Rv Resort. A bit further north is Astoria. There is a wonderful museum there, Columbia River Maritime . On our last visit, we stayed at Lewis and Clark Golf and Rv, back by the golf course. Right outside of the resort is the best fish and chips shack ever! I do not remember the name, but it is right there. There are several rv parks, and lots of good seafood spots. The fort is worth a visit too. The drive along the Columbia is lovely. The Or. coast is slow driving, but very scenic. Judy D

We like Cannon Beach. It is a really pretty beach town. We stay at Cannon Beach Rv Resort. A bit further north is Astoria. There is a wonderful museum there, Columbia River Maritime . On our last visit, we stayed at Lewis and Clark Golf and Rv, back by the golf course. Right outside of the resort is the best fish and chips shack ever! I do not remember the name, but it is right there. There are several rv parks, and lots of good seafood spots. The fort is worth a visit too. The drive along the Columbia is lovely. The Or. coast is slow driving, but very scenic. Judy D
I have some other hints. If you are in Astoria, take your toad for a drive on the Columbia Gorge, and stop at Multnomah Falls, pretty. If you like smoked fish, stop at Josephson’s Smokehouse, and stock up. Judy

I'm for it all including finding good wineries.

Latest resources

Back