• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oregon to charge out-of-state RV campers 25% more

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I wonder if it's mostly blue states that are up charging? Some states chase their own people out (IL) Some states don't want other people's money. I choose to spend my money in states that welcome freedom and would welcome me and Ma not punish us for being there. We all pay taxes just being in any state ex. fuel,sales,food,booze. most of property taxes go to schools, the state parks still get Fed. money.

Why are any of you in favor of this? Do you really think it will improve conditions and facilities? Why would you want to make it more difficult for people to come to your state and support your local businesses?
Live in Nevada and travel often to Oregon with the motorhome. A full service RV site in an Oregon State Park is $31.00. Since that price is subsidized by Oregon taxpayers, which I am not, I have no problem paying and extra $7.00 per night. Given that I'm driving around in an $80,000 rig, paying $3 to $4 per gallon for gas at 10 MPG, enjoying traveling and seeing beautiful scenery (especially on the Oregon Coast) in sites that are huge, $7.00 is pocket change. I've stayed at many a private RV park along the way that charged $60 to $70 per night and you were crammed into spaces so tight that you could smell your neighbors armpit.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back