Welcome to RVForums.com

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Oxidation

Welcome to our community

  • Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Garyd

RVF Newbee
Joined
Sep 26, 2026
Messages
1
Location
Ellensburg, WA
RV Year
2013
RV Make
Forest River
RV Model
Wildcat
RV Length
28
Chassis
Aluminum
TOW/TOAD
6400#
Fulltimer
No
My 2013 Forest River Wildcat trailer has been sitting outside all its life and somewhat neglected. Now I am cleaning it up and going through everything to get it ready for a trip. My question is how to remove oxidation and get the gloss back on the exterior. Any tips would be appreciated. I talked to the local RV place and they want $1500 to clean and polish it. Thanks!
 
My 2013 Forest River Wildcat trailer has been sitting outside all its life and somewhat neglected. Now I am cleaning it up and going through everything to get it ready for a trip. My question is how to remove oxidation and get the gloss back on the exterior. Any tips would be appreciated. I talked to the local RV place and they want $1500 to clean and polish it. Thanks!
It takes a lot of work to get a gloss back and then a good quality wax is a must. $1,500.00 doesn't sound out of place to me. You can do it yourself.

You will need a random orbital polisher (and don't cheap out. An inexpensive one probably won't last long enough for one pass). I have two. A six inch and a ten inch both with foam pads. I don't like wool. A good quality cut polish. I have used Meguiar's Marine. It works well. I also use Meguiar's Marine Wax. So now you have spend almost $1,000.00. All you have left to do is spend about two days getting the job done. Just an FYI, be careful and don't overheat the gelcoat. Don't let the polish dry out and harden, Don't press hard on the polisher. Let the machine do the work. Be carefull when you come close to mouldings and trim. You can easliy tear the foam pads.
 

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back
Top Bottom