Adventurer
RV Length
Chassis
Chevy P30
Engine
454 Vortac
Fulltimer
Yes
I think I have this right, the light that goes on when you start the engine stays on, the brake warning light? Checked and brake lights are working fine and go on and off. Pedal goes all the way to the bottom and comes back up slowly. Seems like there is a whirring sound, Master Cylinder? Added brake fluid no noticeable change. I'm thinking A. Air in the lines, needs bleeding, B. Master Cylinder bad C. Hydro Assist not working although that goes with the steering and that's working fine with no issues. Any thoughts? Thanks

Sounds like master cylinder to me. Could also be bad/leaking caliper/drum. Do you see any fluid on the wheel, tires, or ground?

I assume P30 chassis? Mine had disks all around.

If true for you, you have air in lines. Leak or not keeping fluid up. Whirring sound likely the steering pump, due to shared steering/brake service. Could be the master cylinder, but bleeding brakes would be first attempt.

Sounds like master cylinder to me. Could also be bad/leaking caliper/drum. Do you see any fluid on the wheel, tires, or ground?

Well I do see some fluid not a a lot though, from the left rear inner tire, so I guess looks like it's a leaking drum, gonna have the wife press down and on the brake and see if any fluid is coming now now. I wonder if a stop leak additive could seal that?

I assume P30 chassis? Mine had disks all around.

If true for you, you have air in lines. Leak or not keeping fluid up. Whirring sound likely the steering pump, due to shared steering/brake service. Could be the master cylinder, but bleeding brakes would be first attempt.
Yes Chevy P30, so than there are no drums in the back, that's a relief still it's a major job if the caliper needs to be replaced. As I replied to the earlier reply there is some brake fluid on the rear left inner tire, so there must be a small leak at the moment. Yes you called it was the PS pump, not enough PS fluid in the reservoir.

Well I do see some fluid not a a lot though, from the left rear inner tire, so I guess looks like it's a leaking drum, gonna have the wife press down and on the brake and see if any fluid is coming now now. I wonder if a stop leak additive could seal that?
No!!! Brakes are to important!!! If there is water damage replace, no water damage you should be able to rebuild!

I have a saying!

The only people who can't, are The one's who say, or think they can't!

There is Just to much information out there to say you can't.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need professional help at this point. Hire a mechanic.

10000+ pounds with bad brakes is a disaster waiting to happen.

No!!! Brakes are to important!!! If there is water damage replace, no water damage you should be able to rebuild!

I have a saying!

The only people who can't, are The one's who say, or think they can't!

There is Just to much information out there to say you can't.
Water damage leading to rusting of the calipers and or the lines?

Don't take this the wrong way, but you need professional help at this point. Hire a mechanic.

10000+ pounds with bad brakes is a disaster waiting to happen.

I hear ya, I have a guy who makes house calls I will have to check to see if he's available.

Water damage leading to rusting of the calipers and or the lines?
Sorry,on the road today!

Condensation in the brake kines. Brake fluid absorbs water so if the system is not sealed water causes rust in the cylinders.

When it comes time harbor freight has a brake bleeding vacuum pump fairly cheap.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back