• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Parking brake light stays on with parking brake off, brakes seem spongy

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Water damage leading to rusting of the calipers and or the lines?
Texted my guy, did some observation traced the leak to a rusted line, no fluid coming from near cylinder or caliper no other wheels have fluid leaking. Took video too big to upload here's a photo instead.

Attachments

• IMG_20240605_184739043.jpg
    IMG_20240605_184739043.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
WOW! One year makes a difference. Looks like drum brakes!

WOW! One year makes a difference. Looks like drum brakes!
Yes I noticed that too, why go from discs to drums that are more expensive and harder to replace?

So rather than start a new thread Im hoping this one is still alive and kicking.The leak persists, the mechanic is MIA and I have no other options but to DIY, I think I can repair it with just some flared line and brake unions, but I need to know what the diameter of the line is? I looked up Chevy P30 brake line and it's indicating 3/8, so there is a repair kit on Amazon with stainless steel flared lines and break unions, but the line is 3/16 and is supposed to be inserted into existing line, so how does that work?

Have you checked with a good parts store? I got flexible brake lines for P30 chassis, although was about 7-8 years ago.

Have you checked with a good parts store? I got flexible brake lines for P30 chassis, although was about 7-8 years ago.
Well originally I was going to cut some of the line and take it to AutoZone but if I I can by pre flared line on Amazon it would be better since I have had good results DIY flare. I may have no choice but to do that and determine what line diameter is.

Latest resources

Back