Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

jhoellein

RVF Newbee
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum here.
Does anyone know a good parking lot one night stay location in Albuquerque, New Mexico?
We will be getting in late and leaving early so paying for a slip seems like a waste.

If you have stayed in a parking lot here let me know how it was and if there is one you recommend.

Thanks
JHoellein

There is a Cabela's off of 1-25 north of the city. Also a Cracker Barrel off the San Antonio exit. If you are harvest host members, there is a brewery just a bit east of the Craker Barrel. These will only work for you if you are traveling on 1-25 and not 1-40

I stay overnight in parking lots most of the time when traveling. I would never stay in a parking lot in ABQ. To say it is dangerous is putting it mildly. My daughter lives in ABQ (want your car stolen? leave it in ABQ). I have traveled there many, many times. I would not stay in a parking lot there. You cannot stay at the Sam's Clubs either. All three (Coors, Renaissance and Eubank) have said no. Eubank is due to small lot (and they think it is too dangerous), Coors openly asked me if I had a death wish. And Renaissance told me the parking lots were dangerous. But that is your choice. The criminal element is fearless because they know the NM cops and judicial system will let them get away with murder (really, it's not an exaggeration). NM likes their criminals (and their sex offenders). Many of them are on the police and sheriff departments.

If you are trying to save money, I suggest you join Passport America (50% off) for the $44 per year and use the discount for two or three nights. It will have paid for itself at that point and all other stays are a full 50% off.

What I really like about PA is you can look at the places that offer the discount. They may not be the nicest places but they are a lot safer than an ABQ parking lot. You can let the membership lapse after the first year and then pick it back up for another year when you need it again. No penalties.

For me, I look to see where I am traveling and what is available in that area and along my route. Usually two nights saves the cost of the membership for me. Here is a place right on I-40 on the west side of ABQ Passport America, The Original 50% Off Discount Camping Club

This one is a little farther off I-40 but still very close. And it's shiny new. Passport America, The Original 50% Off Discount Camping Club

PA participating parks in the SW (map and listing) Passport America, The Original 50% Off Discount Camping Club

Latest resources

Back