Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We are planning the trip to the NKK International at the end of July/ first part of August. We have reserved a spot at Angel Fire RV Resort the week prior to recover from the trip west and get ready for the International which is going to be a busy Rally for us.

Any thoughts on Angel Fire RV Resort in Angel Fire NM?

I stayed there as well as others here on the site as we met there, was fun, great destination. It's high altitude so if you have a sleep number (air mattress) you should deflate it prior to rising in elevation. Not sure anything will happen but I don't want to be the one to find out.

Thank you Neal.

Unfortunately the new rig does not have a sleep number mattress but am familiar with high altitude surprises they provide from our last RV 🤣

One concern comes to mind is the compressor related to your door.

I have found a few solutions for that issue. First is to leave the main door open, the lift door closes reasonably consistently, or turn on the bathroom fan, again lift door close reasonably consistently, last ditch effort, Gail "helps" the lift door from outside. This will be an interesting topic at the annual service with Newmar and at the Rally. It has been indicated by Newmar that there is a seminar for the 4311 floor plan at the Rally. Should be fun.

Angel Fire resort is great. If you come I from the south, be prepared for slow, tight turns that wind their way down into the valley. Totally doable with our 45’ and Raptor, but I look way ahead for oncomers who “don’t get it”. Still had to drag the rear wheels of the Raptor in the dirt a few times.

The resort is pretty and just a few things to do in the valley. The Vietnam memorial is a must see though. Very well done.

Thankfully we will heading west from Int25. We have driven roads similar to the arrival from the south on rt64.
Heading north out of Sedona AZ on 89a to Flagstaff. Doable but tests yours skills some.

We went out East that road. A long road through the canyons. Only a few slow spots, as I remember.

Oh, I also recall there being a couple really low tree overhangs that made me shudder at the thought of coming through their in low light (or not paying attention”)! So keep your eyes UP as well.

Looks like we will stop at Oasis RV Resort in Amarillo the night or two before Angel Fire. Thoughts on routes into Angel Fire from Amarillo? RT 386 out of Vegas, TX looks reasonable or maybe a Ranch to Market 1061 road if we feel adventurous:)

Heading north out of Sedona AZ on 89a to Flagstaff
Barely doable….I didn’t mind but the DW said she isn’t interested in doing it again.

Latest resources

Back