Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

donzoh1

RVF Regular
We are new to the whole RV idea and are renting a 33 foot Class C for our trip. We are thinking of towing a Prius on a Tow Dolly since it can't be flat towed. If towing a car, is it generally possible to park next to the RV? I know this probably varies by camping area or by individual spaces. We are thinking of Yellowstone in early August. Many of the places are asking for total length of vehicle but I can easily disconnect the dolly or Prius to reduce length.

We are new to the whole RV idea and are renting a 33 foot Class C for our trip. We are thinking of towing a Prius on a Tow Dolly since it can't be flat towed. If towing a car, is it generally possible to park next to the RV? I know this probably varies by camping area or by individual spaces. We are thinking of Yellowstone in early August. Many of the places are asking for total length of vehicle but I can easily disconnect the dolly or Prius to reduce length.
When they ask you your length, they are trying to determine what the ideal site would be for your rig. Tell them 33' plus you are towing a car with on a dolly so they will be able to put you in a site that will accommodate your rv and car. Typically, most sites have room for your car in front of or behind your rv. Happy Travels!

If you’re thinking of Yellowstone in high season, you’d better ask the park directly maybe? Tell them exactly what you’re needing space for, I think. We drove through there in a car only, scoped out some RV-friendly campgrounds, and the only one I recall that would accommodate 33’ (we had a 36) was Fisherman’s Bridge, and whoa, it looked tight!. It didn’t look like you’d be able to even open out slides. Maybe someone in RVF has firsthand experience?

If you’re thinking of Yellowstone in high season, you’d better ask the park directly maybe? Tell them exactly what you’re needing space for, I think. We drove through there in a car only, scoped out some RV-friendly campgrounds, and the only one I recall that would accommodate 33’ (we had a 36) was Fisherman’s Bridge, and whoa, it looked tight!. It didn’t look like you’d be able to even open out slides. Maybe someone in RVF has firsthand experience?
We did the same - we had a 36 foot flat towing small suv, scoped out Fisherman‘s Bridge for future reference and ugh. Tight. We arrange travel plans to do Yellowstone in day trips only.

Just an FYI, Fishing Bridge is being renovated to be more friendly to bigger rigs. It will reopen in 2022. I haven't been able to find a map/plan on what it will be like. It will probably still be a little cramped just to fit in an appropriate number of spaces for a VERY popular/busy National park, but hopefully it will give more options.

Could stay in Flag Ranch or Colter Bay also. Flag Ranch in the Tetons , isn't that far out of Yellowstone and the sites have tons of room.

Latest resources

Back