• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Peplink Help!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Tru dat. @EZ is your Ethernet plugged into a yellow or blue port on the pepwave? You want blue
I have a Wi-Fi Hot Spot that my company provides me. I can hook the Pepwave up to it and put the Wi-Fi hot spot in the #1 Priority spot. Then plug the ethernet cable into the LAN port on the Max Transit. It will run her computer off of my company hot spot (rather slowly) but the Pepwave never recognizes the SIM cards I have installed into it. This would keep us from having to leave the campground and go home but it's going to run the data up on my company hot spot which may cause a problem for me.

Why wouldn't this Peplink recognize these two SIM cards? The cellular light never lights up now. It's been working fine all week. It just stopped dead in the middle of a movie. I figured if the AT&T card was not strong enough to watch TV on I could switch to the T-Mobile SIM but it won't boot up either one of them now.

Screenshots?

So, you didn’t say if you are still able to get a WAN connection via the ETHERNET cable?
If so, great…you’ve at least got internet. (Further, not sure why you tried to stream off AT&T instead of just leaving it on Ethernet.)
Drop all the other Connections to the Disabled section to get her work done.

I’ve got my suspicion, based on personal experience. AT&T may have knocked you off, based on provisioning if they didn’t recognize the PepWave.

If you have another device that is UNLOCKED, I’d put that AT&T SIM in it and see if you can connect. If not, good chance they killed that SIM. If it does connect, then maybe getting it back into the PepWave will work.

Have you changed any PepWave settings after first setting it up?
Any other SIMS in it?
Is this a Dual SIM or Dual Modem PepWave?
I don't have any connection to Wi-Fi available at this campground except my own hot spots or my Peplink. The campground Wi-Fi is useless.
My wife's work computer is not allowed to run on a Wi-Fi connection. That's the whole reason we bought the Peplink. It has to be on an ethernet cable which I can plug into the front of the Peplink and was hoping to run on the 2 SIM cards I bought. But all of a sudden in the middle of a movie the SIM cards will not boot up. The Peplink doesn't recognize them any longer. The cellular light on the front doesn't even come on. I can't get T-Mobile or AT&T either one to boot up.

I thought I may have accidently changed ma setting so I returned the Dashboard back to the factory settings. The cell cards came up for about 30 seconds and I thought I had it fixed but then it went back to not seeing the cards. If you click on "Details" while the cellular SIMs are in #1 position it says "cards detected" but doesn't list the info. Either that or it's totally blank like it doesn't see the SIM cards at all.

This is the Pepwave Max Transit 5G CAT 20 box. I've had it up and running for a week. We moved from Panama City To Daytona and now it doesn't recognize the SIM cards.

Nei
I don't think AT&T did anything, you should still connect, it just wouldn't provide you data if there was an issue.

You mention being connected via Ethernet. Confirm you're connected to the LAN port and not the WAN port?
Neither T-Mobile or AT&T will work. The Peplink doesn't see either SIM card.

When you click the details button on the cellular modem - does it even show the IMSI or ICCID for the card? Are those fields populated with anything at all?

Put the cellular back into priority 1. Wait 30 seconds, click DETAILS. Yes, sometimes you have to click twice, the web portal can be wonky, more so on tablets than PC's. As @MapNerd said does it show the details for the SIM card. But further down where you choose which SIM you want to use such as A, B or Both, choose one such as A and click SAVE. The modem will reset and then connect, give it a few minutes.

When you click the details button on the cellular modem - does it even show the IMSI or ICCID for the card? Are those fields populated with anything at all?
No. Those fields used to be populated but not now. The only thing it says now is "Card detected" or it's totally blank like it doesn't see them at all.

Put the cellular back into priority 1. Wait 30 seconds, click DETAILS. Yes, sometimes you have to click twice, the web portal can be wonky, more so on tablets than PC's. As @MapNerd said does it show the details for the SIM card. But further down where you choose which SIM you want to use such as A, B or Both, choose one such as A and click SAVE. The modem will reset and then connect, give it a few minutes.
I've been doing this all week Neal. Playing with T-Mobile vs. AT&T and running speed tests. Making one card A and then making the other card A. Choosing A only and choosing B only or trying "Both A&B" but the reception is so weak on this AT&T SIM that if it's on Both it ALWAYS chooses the T-Mobile and never switches. But the AT&T is only running 3G according to the Peplink router even though it's a 5G SIM. I think I have it pretty well figured out. But today it just stopped cold in the middle of my movie and I haven't been able to get either SIM card to boot up since and the green LED on the front of the Pepwave is either blinking or doesn't light up at all.

Screenshot with Cellular in Priority #1. Both SIM cards detected but neither will connect. I have "A" picked which is my T-Mobile card so it says it is "in use". If you click on "B" only the "in use" moves over to slot B.

Attachments

• Web capture_29-8-2021_213817_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    Web capture_29-8-2021_213817_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Web capture_29-8-2021_213448_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    Web capture_29-8-2021_213448_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 17
Have you by any chance removed the SIMs and reinserted them? Any chance they could be inserted the wrong way?

Latest resources

Back