• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Peplink Help!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
After playing with it a little more it now shows the IEMI number filled in but the SIM cards still will not boot up. The green LED light for Cellular is now flashing slowly on the front of the Pepwave router. What does this mean? Any ideas? Could the Pepwave box be bad? Seems to me if it was a bad or discontinued SIM card at least ONE of them would still work, right?

Attachments

• Web capture_29-8-2021_214953_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    Web capture_29-8-2021_214953_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 26
Have you by any chance removed the SIMs and reinserted them? Any chance they could be inserted the wrong way?
Yes. I've removed the SIMs multiple times. The gold chip is facing down on SIM A and facing up on SIM B. They click into place very easily and come out the same way.

The IMEI is your modem’s number so no, that doesn’t really do much.

OK the dashboard now says "Connecting" instead of "Initializing" But the SIM cards section under the "Details" tab is now blank and the IEMI is gone and the green light for the cellular connection on the front of the Peplink router is not on any more. No blinking or nothing.

Attachments

• Web capture_29-8-2021_215545_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    Web capture_29-8-2021_215545_192.168.50.1.jpeg
    340.4 KB · Views: 14
You don’t have any APN settings.
For your AT&T card, in the field labeled APN, enter broadband

For your T-Mobile card, enter fast.t-mobile.com

You will need to change the operator settings from Auto to Custom to do this

Thinking about what I just wrote, I am actually unsure that will solve the problem as not having those settings usually blocks you from connecting, but in your case the modem seems to detect your SIM cards but can’t read them

You don’t have any APN settings.
For your AT&T card, in the field labeled APN, enter broadband

For your T-Mobile card, enter fast.t-mobile.com

You will need to change the operator settings from Auto to Custom to do this
I have the APN settings in the "Auto" position. The T-Mobile SIM (when it connects to the 'net) automatically puts "fast.t-mobile.com" in that blank for me. For some reason the AT&T card will also put "fast.t-mobile.com" in that blank. :LOL: I have to switch to "Custom" so it won't do that. It's been running all week with nothing in that APN box for the AT&T SIM.

fast.t-mobile.com would not, should not, could not work for your AT&T card. It would work for your T-Mobile card. I wager that’s why your modem kept selecting T-Mobile. It couldn’t get through on AT&T because that APN would not work for it.

change it to broadband and see if your AT&T card lights up

When you get the SIMs detected you can set the carrier to use LTE only and not use auto which is what I do so you won't get 3G.

There is a symbol near the sim slots in white which shows the SIM card orientation.

You can contact peplink or your vendor you bought from and get tech support. You can also try factory resetting the unit. Download your config first if you want. If you can get Internet you can check for firmware updates. If you go to the /support.cgi page (manually typed in browser) you can check for cellular modem updates.

Screenshot with Cellular in Priority #1. Both SIM cards detected but neither will connect. I have "A" picked which is my T-Mobile card so it says it is "in use". If you click on "B" only the "in use" moves over to slot B.
Well, EZ…if this was happening to me, the next thing I‘d be doing is calling 5Gstore; their support has been awesome.

Bottom line is, IF NOTHING CHANGED INCLUDING YOUR LOCATION, and then suddenly things went POOF…maybe something hardware related happened.

IF trying ONE sim at a time in slot A fails to connect, AND YOU ARE IN A STRONG SIGNAL AREA, then yeah…something’s not right.

Keep us posted.

Latest resources

Back