RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire 3341
RV Length
34’
TOW/TOAD
2016 Cadillac SRX
Although able to access the campground WiFi directly from devices, I want to do it thru the Pepwave so I don’t have to explain to DW which WiFi to login to.

Setup:
- Pepwave Max BR1 Mini with the optional licensefor LAN support.
- AT&T + T-Mobile SIM cards: NEITHER have unlimited data plans - plan was to use only when campground WiFi is inadequate.

Situation:
- From the the Pepwave dashboard, I can find & connect to the CG WiFi. However, when I move it to the highest priority, it will not access the internet.
- The CG WiFi has a login screen which does not pop up...this maybe the issue. If so, is there a setting that needs to be tweaked?

The CG WiFi has a login screen which does not pop up...this maybe the issue. If so, is there a setting that needs to be tweaked?

This is the problem. Pepwave doesn't have a system to open a screen to enter login information like a phone for connections like this. It's highly requested on their forums. Now if you can connect to the WiFi then with a computer that is connected to the pepwave open a browser and that prompts for the login you may be in luck.

We have found that it appears some campgrounds will time out your connection and/or periodically reset the broadcast. We have not been able to maintain a wifi connection for an extended period of time without signing back into the WiFi site. Typically we combine the Cell service and campground WiFi in the PepWave. Allowing the Pepwave to combine the sources for a better bandwidth. My cell data is typically throttled because we have hit the caps before the 10th of the month.

Typically we combine the Cell service and campground WiFi in the PepWave. Allowing the Pepwave to combine the sources for a better bandwidth. My cell data is typically throttled because we have hit the caps before the 10th of the month.
Thanks @JoeHogan . Yes, this what we are attempting to accomplish. However, I cannot access the internet with the CG WiFi at CGs with an intermediate login screen. Have you encountered this and if so how did you get access?

Thanks @JoeHogan . Yes, this what we are attempting to accomplish. However, I cannot access the internet with the CG WiFi at CGs with an intermediate login screen. Have you encountered this and if so how did you get access?
CG WiFi is very "clunky". Typically if I need bandwidth for something I'll take the time to sort out the CG WiFi and sign in. When done I'll revert back to Cell Data only. When successful I can practically double the bandwidth but it is with some effort.

@Neal ...I found this same question you had posted on another forum last year. It was suggested using 1.1.1.1 in the browser. I did this from a device other than the device logged into the Pepwave. It worked...the CG login screen popped up and I’m now accessing the CG WiFi through Pepwave. ?? Time will tell how long I stay logged in.

The CloudFare DNS works well. We use a dedicated VPN network which also works well.

Icloud DNS options

Latest resources

Back