Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Pepwave Puma Antenna Mount "Tower" (3D Print)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hope you don't get any roof leaks with all of these changes. I may have to meet up with you when my Wi-Fi Ranger is totally obsolete.
I will even spring for thee pineapple pizza.:cool:

They are all glued on not screwed but I’d have no problem with screws. Did that initially such as with WiFi ranger. Dicor is the key.

it’s obsolete. Bring pizza. :)

This is a tangent from the original thread but I wanted to ask a question about antenna placement and interference (and possible self-created mount options) and I didn't want to miss out on all the expertise of those on this thread if I posted and you all missed it. One possible solution would be figuring out how to make a mount that raises the antenna, and that's what this thread is about.

I have decided to go with a Parsec Husky roof mount antenna with a Max Transit Cat-18. I want to be able to get good signal in boondocking situations and the Husky is best in fringe locations according to my research on RV Mobile Internet.

The problem is by the time I'd figured this all out we'd gotten pretty far along in the roof design of my Ram Promaster and we'd already installed the MaxxAir and planned out the solar array.

Was about to order the Parsec from Mobile Must Have today and I asked the associate if mounting the Parsec's exterior edge 12" from my MaxxAir would be a big problem (hoped it wasn't, was only thinking about the materials - plastic - and not about electricity). He said that when the MaxxAir was on the electricity used to run it would create a magnetic field and would cause interference with my nearby Parsec.

As there will be countless times when I want internet and the fan at the same time, do you experts think I should forego the Parsec for a smaller antenna like the Mobile Mark, thus adding a few inches distance (though still not recommended 18")?

THANK YOU FOR ANY INSIGHT.

Latest resources

Back