Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
First of all I just wanted to say I am happy with the way the Titan V10 handles the coach. We pull my wife's Nissan Rouge with us and we don't even know it is back there.
The only issue I do have is with the cruise control and how it shifts going up a hill. It just jumps to a lower gear way to fast and the engine begins to run at high RPM. I can manage it very well without loosing speed with my foot throttle and not having to go to such a high gear.
So I found on line Ultra RV products that had a custom tuner for the engine computer. I was told by them that I should see a 43+ Horsepower gain and a 47+ ft-lbs of torque. It could be more depending on what version of V10 I have. Anyway I was not to concerned about that, but what they did say is that it changes the shift points for the transmission and reduces the downshifts while on cruise while going up a slight upgrade.
So I should see the tuner in the mail by the end of the week I hope and will try it out on my trip to West Virginia on the 5th of Sept. I'll let you know how it works.

WhoHoo! Love tuners, well, when they work. I had thought about getting one for my V10 (last coach) but didn't and I've always wondered how much of a difference it would have made. I live in the mountains, and just about anywhere/everywhere that I go requires I travel up/down 8% grades. Currently, I'm loving the diesel and engine brake, but that being said, I'm anxiously awaiting your report on performance!

I bought a 5 star tune for my last coach (V10), and never installed it...hmm...I should put that up for sale here on RVF...

I received the performance today. Checked for any updates then updated the RV. Can’t wait for our next trip on the 5 Sept to see how it works.

Anxiously awaiting. , . :)

I installed the Ultra Rv "Ford Ultratune" in my 2020 Canyon Star back in November. I can tell you it makes a BIG difference.
Especially in the transmission shift points. It was very noticeable on my trip back to Napanee through the Virginia & West Virginia mountains. It does not downshift nearly as quickly, & maintains speed much better going up the mountains. We pulled either an 8 degree, or 9 degree pull for a pretty good distance, & the coach never dropped below 45mph. Passed a couple "DP's" going up the mountain.

I will also say that there is improved acceleration, especially blending in on entrance ramps on the Interstate!

But, I cannot say that there was any fuel mileage improvement. If anything, it may have reduced it one "mpg"!

For those of you with "gas" coaches, do not hesitate to install a "tuner"! I like the Ultra RV " Ultratune"; but there is one available from "5Star Tune", as well!

Tune it, use it, enjoy it!;)

I wanted to give everyone an update. We’re getting ready to head for W Virginia and thought I’d run the RV to the local gas station about 15 miles away. What a difference the reprogramming did! The shifts are much better, seems like more power and no more annoying downshifts to the lowest gear possible going up a hill using cruise control. on cruise when going down hill if you exceed your set speed by 4-5mph it will downshift to help keep you in your range. Acceleration is much better as well.

Overall, very happy with it. Next test will be the Smoky Mountains. :)

How would that effect your engine warranty if still covered by Ford? Would that void Fords warranty?

How would that effect your engine warranty if still covered by Ford? Would that void Fords warranty?
Well, I have no warranty, but if I did it is recommended to take out the update and put the original back in. The reason for this is Ford may reprogram the engine during their work. If they do you would not be able to use the programmer because it thinks you already loaded it.

The process only takes about 5 min.

Latest resources

Back