RV Length
43'
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins 450HP
TOW/TOAD
2022 Jeep Unlimited Sport S w/ Air Force One and Blue Ox
With all this talk of politics (not politics), diesel prices and everything else in between I said fark it, I don't care. Planned the first (longer) trip with the Dutch Star for July (so far we've only done a 2 night trip). With 2 kids and a wife my RV vacation is probably different than most class A DP folks.

Leaving lower NY well hit PA for a quick trip at Hershey Park, then hit Virginia over 2 nights. Past that we'll dip into North Carolina and spend 2 days in Raleigh to explore since it's where we plan to buy once we sell this our house in NY (fark those interest rate too). Post Raleigh it's out to the Outer Banks, and then a stop in South Delaware for another few days on the beach,

Back home after 11 days.

It's a mixture of KOAs, they're great for the kids, and regular resorts. We are spending one night at a harvest host since everything was booked.

Pretty excited to be honest. Hoping to finish up the work on the Wrangler this weekend so it's Toad ready. Then between now and July I'll try a few weekend trip to different local Harvest Hosts to get used to the Toad.

** actually I guess I want to make a correction, it's not "planning a trip", it's "booked a trip". Not point sitting there thinking do we do it or do we not.

1653499897908.png

That's the right answer! Get out and enjoy what there is to see and DISCONNECT from the grips of those that want to control us.

We're down in Gulf Shores for 2 weeks. I'm thinking of adding a third week. I've already spent the fuel money to get here right? So the extra week won't cost much. :cool:

We're down in Gulf Shores for 2 weeks. I'm thinking of adding a third week. I've already spent the fuel money to get here right? So the extra week won't cost much. :cool:
We4 are not that far away in Penscola.

With all this talk of politics (not politics), diesel prices and everything else in between I said fark it, I don't care. Planned the first (longer) trip with the Dutch Star for July (so far we've only done a 2 night trip). With 2 kids and a wife my RV vacation is probably different than most class A DP folks.
I think you will have a blast!

Sounds like a great trip to me!

Thanks all, only regret is not being able to make it down to Jim's but I needed internet as I'll be semi working. It does have a silver lining though, gives me another reason to have another trip soon.

We are a week into a 2 month+ trip with our 5W. Florida to Glacier in Montana with many stops, before taking a circuitous route back. Almost canceled it but it’s full speed ahead. Attended granddaughters college graduation in Lexington, VA yesterday and leave tmr to visit family in Ohio, then onto the Michigan UP.
Glacier on June 18th :)

Just wondering if you are avoiding the Lewes-Cape May ferry or if your travels are just taking you elsewhere? I always enjoy a ferry and try to fit one into my itinerary when I can - it breaks things up a bit and makes for an interesting and memorable experience.

Have a great trip. We put things off and sometimes Tomorrow never comes. We are planning a 45 day
Caravan Trip out west and we are GOING.

Even that my wife shattered her wrist and had surgery 11 days ago, high Diesel fuel prices, my bad right knee needing surgery, WE ARE STILL GOING....LOL

Good luck in your travels.

HH

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back