• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Planning Glacier and Montana for 2020

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks. I put in a reservation request for August 1-31. It's half the cost of the KOA. Thanks for the lead. Now to do Polson before or after :)

We spent a week at the KOA West Glacier in the newest area last June. In that area most of the coaches were DP's probably because of the price. We drove around North American RV Park. No comparison. KOA West Glacier is the flagship property of the KOA chain. It is company owned not a franchise. They do an excellent job with a good restaurant near the newer area. They also had regular nightly programs and entertainment in the grassy area adjacent to the newer part of the park. Definitely the best KOA I have ever stayed at. The new area is to the right on the park map below. Lots of space between rigs with lots of grass and landscaping. The is a Premium RV Park. ATT excellent, Verizon totally dead.

IMG_3291.jpeg

In reviewing our 2020 schedule, I think we will actually be in Polson by mid-August. LadiDi and I will be attending Jaialdi (the Basque festival in Boise, Idaho) at the end of July/early August and will head for Polson from there.

We'll stop in Pullman, WA, for a couple of days to visit our grandson and his wife, and then a couple of days in the Spokane area to visit friends. That should put us in Polson by mid-August.

TJ

If you would like more of a wilderness experience we stopped at Salmon Lake State Park on the way to Glacier. Only a few spots along the lake shore will take a full size DP. They have 50 amp power but that is it. No ATT and Verizon 1 to 2 down from a cell tower 7 miles up a canyon. Right near by is the best restaurant in Montana at Paws Up Resort.

Sounds like we need a Newmar Hoots / RVF Hoots meetup there. Everyone head to Glacier :)

TJ I am heading your way after! Can't miss the opportunity to meet you and LadyDi.
Great! and, we can easily day-trip up to Glacier from Polson for a "hoots" meet-up.

TJ.

@TJ&LadyDi when is the cherry festival? We usually go to polson for that. Best time to stock up on the flathead laxitives.

2019 DSDP 4369 * Active Air * NHSO

The 2020 Polson Cherry Festival will be July 18-19, but there should still be cherries...er, "Flathead laxatives"...available at least into early August.

TJ

I was thinking it was before @Neal was going to arrive.

@FLSteve you mentioned Glacier in 2020....start planning.

Sounds like we need a Newmar Hoots / RVF Hoots meetup there. Everyone head to Glacier :)

TJ I am heading your way after! Can't miss the opportunity to meet you and LadyDi.

Can’t do Hoots without a nearby Newmar dealer. Of course we could make new rules.

9f4c47a9d96c2e63f471d2b444ad8bfa.jpg

Last edited:
We did Glacier last August.

There is s brand new RV park just ouside the West gate just a half mile from Going to the Sun road. It just opened last summer. It’s called West Glacier RV Park and Cabins.

0BD234C7-7FEB-4E3B-843B-AA82EC6DDC17.png

This place has about 100 sites, all big coach pull-thru. Very well designed. Nice amenities.

They were charging $100 but they take Good Sam so $90. KOA was higher, and they were further away and full. This place was half full because nobody knew about it yet. That will not likely be true next summer.

We really enjoyed our stay and it’s so close to the gate. You can’t take anything over 28’ very far into Glacier.

@FLSteve you mentioned Glacier in 2020....start planning.

@redbaron … planning is all done and reservations made as of yesterday. We will be at East Glacier KOA from 8/19 to 8/23 and then West Glacier KOA from 8/23 to 9/2 and then will move down to Polson from 9/2 to 9/6 on the way to West Yellowstone.

FLSteve

Latest resources

Back