• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Please help, I really dont want to buy a new truck

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just don't need it, there's pavement everywhere I want to go and I have and ATV & a dirt bike that will go no where any truck ever could if I really need an off road fix. It adds cost, ride quality suffers (on a "super" duty anyway), raises the CG, reduce fuel mileage, reduces the payload capacity and adds to maintenance efforts (costs if I didn't do everything myself).

I agree. I have always lived in the North East so with the winters 4 wheel drive has always been a must but now I’m excited to put that option out of my mind.

The package thing certainly is killer and depending on what you're used to and what you'd like to spend, is great if you want something all gussied up for ~$100K. Even stripped down they come with so many features now but any little tiny thing you want adds a $4K - $6K "package" so it's really more about their way than your way. For fun I put together a stripped 2wd crew cab 8' bed XL F250 with a diesel since I can't get the engine I require. It was still $65K for basically a work truck.
When you built this truck did you use a SC zip code? The reason I ask is I just built a basically stripped down XL F250 truck using the same specs with a New Hampshire zip code and I was at $70k. I have already price out the 5th and its way cheaper in other areas. So much to my wifes dismay I’m thinking if we head out in our F150 towing the nano and upgrade on the road it could possibly save us thousands.

Latest resources

Back