• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TB12

RVF Newbee
Hello all,

I am a new member here and could really use some advice.
I own a 2017 keystone cougar 24sabwe, and I have a water leak!.

My main floor is linoleum, and my slide-out area is carpet. On the front left of the carpet (front left, if you were standing in the living space looking at the slide out/couch) there is a large wet spot on the carpet.

Talking with an RV tech over the phone, he's convinced it has something to do with my slide out seals etc, but I really don't think this is the case. My water pump primes every 5-10 minutes and it never did that before this wet spot.

I crawled underneath and cut a hole in the underbelly, but could not find any water leaks. I'm at a loss! Please share any advice or hopefully, you had this same issue and figured it out!.

Thanks very much!.

Attachments

• Facebook_creation_1213883299941113.jpeg
    Facebook_creation_1213883299941113.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 14
What is behind the black wall or whatever that is on the left? I would have a good mobile tech come out and track it down.

Has it rained? If the carpet is wet I would recommend lifting the carpet to dry things up! Mold is a bad thing!

Turn the pump off just in case! Follow the water lines with your hands feeling for moisture.

Use a fan to help dry things out.

What can leak?

Roof seam!
Slide gasket!
Plumbing!
A spilled cup of???

No matter what it is, protect your investment! Don't let it stay wet! Delaying a action to repair can be very costly!!!

Latest resources

Back