• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TB12

RVF Newbee
Hello all,

I am a new member here and could really use some advice.
I own a 2017 keystone cougar 24sabwe, and I have a water leak!.

My main floor is linoleum, and my slide-out area is carpet. On the front left of the carpet (front left, if you were standing in the living space looking at the slide out/couch) there is a large wet spot on the carpet.

Talking with an RV tech over the phone, he's convinced it has something to do with my slide out seals etc, but I really don't think this is the case. My water pump primes every 5-10 minutes and it never did that before this wet spot.

I crawled underneath and cut a hole in the underbelly, but could not find any water leaks. I'm at a loss! Please share any advice or hopefully, you had this same issue and figured it out!.

Thanks very much!.

Attachments

• Facebook_creation_1213883299941113.jpeg
    Facebook_creation_1213883299941113.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 16
What is behind the black wall or whatever that is on the left? I would have a good mobile tech come out and track it down.

Has it rained? If the carpet is wet I would recommend lifting the carpet to dry things up! Mold is a bad thing!

Turn the pump off just in case! Follow the water lines with your hands feeling for moisture.

Use a fan to help dry things out.

What can leak?

Roof seam!
Slide gasket!
Plumbing!
A spilled cup of???

No matter what it is, protect your investment! Don't let it stay wet! Delaying a action to repair can be very costly!!!

First off Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa. I would tend to agree there is an issue with a seal. Do you have a slide topper? does the carpet get wet with the slide out or when it is retracted? When you cut the whole was there even any plumbing under there? My Encore Water tank is located in-between the main chassis rails however the overflow plumbing is in the area you are talking about. Is it possible that this is leaking and spraying water up into the slide area? It is a long shot but possible. Also I know if we have rain while camping when we retract the slide I have slightly tilt the rig so the water runs off the topper as I bring it in to prevent water intrusion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back