Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Poor water pressure in shower, wife not very happy.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I have the same model as Neal (we replaced ours at similar times) but have noticed that we need to turn the valve very far to the cold side to have it “warm”. I wonder if this valve has the same adjustments?

OP shows the mix valves (theirs was stuck) that allow you to customize the flow to your needs.

Actually it wasn’t the mixing valve that was stuck it was the pressure/flow cold water plunger behind the set screw on the right. The one on the left is for the hot and was not stuck. No cold water could get to the mixing valve.

I may call Moen tomorrow and see what they say. Maybe they will send me a new cartridge.

I've had good luck calling Moen direct. When we got our coach it had top of the line Moen hardware (1997) in the kitchen and bath/shower. Unfortunately all the screens needed to be replaced and the screen in the kitchen pull-out spray faucet was not easy to find until I called Moen and they fixed me right up.

I have the same model as Neal (we replaced ours at similar times) but have noticed that we need to turn the valve very far to the cold side to have it “warm”. I wonder if this valve has the same adjustments?
If I recall mine is like that too. It may have something to do with the actual water temp. I think you're in Florida so it's just below boiling I think :) Keep in mind fresh tank temp and also ground water temp.

LOL. I agree...Florida water is not refreshing. Especially when your water softener is sitting out there too. But we have seen this issue show up (at least somewhat) before arriving. Also, we would have to set the faucet to 3:00 to be able to stay in without it being too hot.

I did call Moen and they said temperature issues could be caused by the cartridge, so they are sending a new one. (under warranty).

Will let you know.

PS - We are back from Florida now...so once it arrives I can install it. Next trip out is not until June though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back