Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Poor water pressure in shower, wife not very happy.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

J&JD

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4018
RV Length
40’
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
This morning, the first day of a month long adventure, the DW stepped out of the shower very unhappy with the water pressure. While trying the valve I noticed that there was good pressure on the hot side and almost no water coming out when turned to the cold side. When trying to mix the two the flow was anemic. Knowing that the trip would not be enjoyable with the shower in this condition I reluctantly took off the valve cover to see if I could fix the problem.
IMG_4646.jpeg
Behind the two set screws there are spring loaded rubber tipped flow regulators. The cold water one was frozen in the extended position limiting the flow. A little bit of lubricant and cleaning got everything loosened up and full water flow back to normal. I decided to post this after reading about this being a fairly often occurrence that often was hard to diagnose. This is on a 2017 Dutch Star with about 50k miles.

Nice job!

To add some more information, the shower valve is a Huntington Brass Model # 05120-00, discontinued. The regulators referred to are called Service Stops, Part # FA04120S. The Ceramic Disk Cartridge is part # ST7100. I had the same issue on our 2017 back in 2020 and researched all the information.

To add some more information, the shower valve is a Huntington Brass Model # 05120-00, discontinued. The regulators referred to are called Service Stops, Part # FA04120S. The Ceramic Disk Cartridge is part # ST7100. I had the same issue on our 2017 back in 2020 and researched all the information.
If I may ask, is the cartridge still available and are there any special instructions for replacing the cartridge? If parts are no longer available is there a plug & play complete valve assembly recommend?

I changed mine to a Moen early on. Best thing ever for the 2017 Ventana era. Huntington Brass was total crap. Not hard to change, just get the right config for shower, no tub.

If I may ask, is the cartridge still available and are there any special instructions for replacing the cartridge? If parts are no longer available is there a plug & play complete valve assembly recommend?
It is. Just google ST7100 and several sources popup. I bought one back then and it sits on my shelf collecting dust.

I changed mine to a Moen early on. Best thing ever for the 2017 Ventana era. Huntington Brass was total crap. Not hard to change, just get the right config for shower, no tub.
Do you have a model # for the Moen that will cover the big rectangular hole in the wall?

The Moen is just the regulator, the item in your picture which goes through a plate. Can you show a picture of your setup with the wall plate installed?

This is what I believe I got, just the bottom part was installed.

This morning, the first day of a month long adventure, the DW stepped out of the shower very unhappy with the water pressure. View attachment 17942
Good Job, Jerry! Although it was probably more self preservation than anything. :)

The Moen is just the regulator, the item in your picture which goes through a plate. Can you show a picture of your setup with the wall plate installed?

This is what I believe I got, just the bottom part was installed.

IMG_4659.jpeg

Latest resources

Back