Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
Newmar Dutch Star the power steps went in halfway and locked. After a few minutes unlocked and opened door they came out but when closing door locked up half way again

Kwikee steps are a treat! I carry a spare motor and controller. Replaced a motor once already, new spare under the bed. It sounds to me you probably have a bad controller but you need to crawl under and check the ground connection and all wires are secure first.

And check for binding? Maybe lube the swivel points?

Had the same problem on our 2017 DS after awhile, good cleaning and lube cured. DW is keen on keeping steps clean so they look nice and we don’t track things inside. I have lubed steps every couple months now, using a dry silicone spray

Kwikee steps are a treat! I carry a spare motor and controller. Replaced a motor once already, new spare under the bed. It sounds to me you probably have a bad controller but you need to crawl under and check the ground connection and all wires are secure first.
Ordered motor and replaced, works fine now. Easy install, three bolts.

Did you buy your spare motor and controller from Lippert or via Amazon? I should probably have spares on hand.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back