• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Primetime Crusader slide out cutting tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Just to finish this off, I ended up installing a 2" lift, a Mor Ryde CRE 3000 equalizer, a Mor Ryde wet bolt shackle kit and a set of new springs. I will now have the needed clearance.

Primetime refused any support but could not offer any reasoning other than my trailer is correct but did not explain why it is still cutting the tires.

The NHSTA stated my trailer was built after the prior recall and closed the case. Sheesh. Ya think a trailer that exhibits the identical issues in the recall would raise a few eyebrows and suggest a bit more investigation is required? Guess not.

For those with the Crusader models I would suggest you take a peak behind the fender well and look for anything that is rubbing. It's pretty easy to see. Look for shiny polished edges that removed the black paint. Look at the floor immediately above the tires. It has a black plastic covering and will be shredded if you are making contact. If you are seeing any sign of contact your tires are susceptible to the catastrophic failure that was only covered under the prior recall. If the tire blows you will probably have more extensive damage to you unit.

Kevin I think you have a valid idea on the bump stops. This is completely logical. Can't imagine the NHTSA does not require this simple concept. Probably add $10 to the cost if built in at the factory.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back