• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Propane usage

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When I know I've been using some propane I'll go out and check the weight of each bottle every once and awhile. When one start getting pretty light I'll take it out and go get it filled. No fun running out.

When I know I've been using some propane I'll go out and check the weight of each bottle every once and awhile. When one start getting pretty light I'll take it out and go get it filled. No fun running out.
I'm really happy not to have to mess with propane much now that I have this diesel pusher. Heat pumps in the roof (my fifth wheel did have them also) and diesel hydro hot for heat and hot water.
Still have a large onboard propane tank but it's just used for the outside grill, inside stove burners and the refrigerator can work off of it but hardly ever does. I filled it up before we left for Florida last fall and it's still showing almost full.

I do miss some of the features of my all-electric Newmar coach. Not having propane was one of the nice features. However, as diesel prices go through the roof I'm certainly glad I switched back to a fiver now. Getting 9.5mpg is easier to take than 6.5mpg, plus it is easier to shop around for the lowest price.

Latest resources

Back