• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Pros and Cons of setting up "residence" in South Dakota vs other States

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
That's good info Joe. Thank you. Unfortunately I'm probably going to make my purchase in California. I've looked at neighboring states, but It's looking more and more like I'm going to buy in California. My purchase date is approaching as well.
Why? What is the rationale?

For purchase in Cali
Well....1, I live in California. I'm about 3 hours from the Reno area. I've looked out there and can't find the one I want. If I buy further out of state, I'd have to pay to have it brought to me, or go get it myself. There's plenty in the Midwest and East coast, but If I go that far to get one, I have to come back to California and load my stuff.

Well....1, I live in California. I'm about 3 hours from the Reno area. I've looked out there and can't find the one I want. If I buy further out of state, I'd have to pay to have it brought to me, or go get it myself. There's plenty in the Midwest and East coast, but If I go that far to get one, I have to come back to California and load my stuff.
Good answer! Just wondering if your reason would be reason to look in Cali!!!

Oh.... with your initial question, I thought you were looking at SD to set up a domicile to full time.

Just had supper with a couple that register in SD. They are from Fla. They are on Medicare so HC is not a concern. Fulltiming for 5 years now and no problems. Registered to vote in SD.

Latest resources

Back