Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Canfield

RVF Newbee
I found a 1989 CHEVY MALLARD 24" for $4k. Want people's thought if it worth it or not. Its looks in good condition. From the little I know of rvs. If I tak the trip to look at it are there anything I should keep an eye out for?

Welcome aboard!

If it runs and appears livable then I would say go for it. $4k is my annual maintenance budget, so hard to see how you could go wrong.

Good luck, and post some pictures.

Great price. Like @redbaron said, "if it runs and appears livable...go for it." Just be aware that it will probably need some maintenance to make it reliable.

TJ

When traveling, be aware there are some places that will not let older RV’s in no matter what shape their in The thought is to keep the trashy ones that are not kept up out. I think if your RV is in good shape there should not be an age discrimination.

The front over cab window of a class C and pick up camper are notorious areas for leaks, as well as the forward facing clearance lights. Make sure you check that window, pull out the mattress and check the whole area for any water damage. Check for sagging floor above the cab.
Our previous class C had that big window up front. Luckily, in never leaked. But, I had to keep a close eye on that window seal. It would shrink in the heat, and pull away from the window. I had to have it re-sealed a couple times.
I think most RV manufactures have done away with the big forward facing windows.

Latest resources

Back