• Friendliest RV community on the web

Susan Thrasher

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Coachman
RV Model
21rs Freelander
I have a 2018 Coachman Freelander and winterizing for the first time. I’ll be using off and on through the winter so I’m hoping to avoid pumping antifreeze and simply blowing the lines.
I started by draining the water heater, fresh water tank and low point drains. After water drained I closed the low point drains, by-passed the water heater and used an air compressor at the city water inlet to blow air through the lines opening each valve, sink and shower, one at a time until all water came through and only air was coming out. I pushed the toilet flush pedal until air came through. Then poured a cup full of pink antifreeze into each trap, sink, shower and toilet.
I believe I was able to get all the water out but wanted to see if any experienced campers out there see any flaws to my approach. Thanks for any input.

That is what we do with a 2019 coachman leprechaun. Have had no issues. It makes using it easier during cold months. Sometimes we “winterize” multiple times per season.

Sounds good to me. I don't like to put anti-freeze in mine either because we use the coach in the Winter more than we do the Summer it seems!!

Latest resources

Back