Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rattling of the mesh front window shade while driving?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm not sure if it's just too flexible of a rod holding the front window mesh shade or what but at times it rattles quite a bit. I know to lower it slightly and that usually helps but has anyone taken measures to fix that rattling of the shade?

Is it rattling against something, or is it it the rod itself?

I have found using silicone spray with a straw quiets things down and makes the screen go up and down easier. Other than that I have not ventured into taking it apart.

Yes I have, take the soft side of Velcro and cut 4 5 inch strips, bring your shades down to driving position and center the 4 strips in the front and back side of the shades within the tract.

Yes I have, take the soft side of Velcro and cut 4 5 inch strips, bring your shades down to driving position and center the 4 strips in the front and back side of the shades within the tract.

Are you placing the strip inside the track?

Are you placing the strip inside the track?
Yes so it faces the shades on both sides, felt would also work.

Here you go, note that my strips are not 5 inches, I recommend longer so you have more range to open or close the shades with the lower rod of the shades between the Velcro

Attachments

• 9BB53509-1602-4C31-98F5-EB5D5D5522D0.jpeg
    9BB53509-1602-4C31-98F5-EB5D5D5522D0.jpeg
    160.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 6151288D-76B9-4D3B-9F51-FF668E932554.jpeg
    6151288D-76B9-4D3B-9F51-FF668E932554.jpeg
    83.9 KB · Views: 75
I'm not sure if it's just too flexible of a rod holding the front window mesh shade or what but at times it rattles quite a bit. I know to lower it slightly and that usually helps but has anyone taken measures to fix that rattling of the shade?
If you’re not using the shade while you were driving I have seen that most people simply wrote a bungee strap around it. That seems to hold it tight. Sometimes you can add additional mounting brackets to support the head rail. Finally if there is an adjustment on the upper and lower limit settings you can adjust the upper limit to where the rail is all the way to the top and snug against the head rail. That should keep it from moving as well. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other window covering issues or needs.
sometimes you can add additional mounting brackets to support the head rail. Finally if there is an adjustment on the upper and lower limit settings you can adjust the upper limit to where the rail is all the way to the top and snug against the head rail. That should keep it from moving as well. Please feel free to contact me if you have any other window covering issues or needs.
[email protected]
www.shadesmithca.com

Latest resources

Back