Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

ramblin rose

RVF Newbee
I am ready to go on a Winnie Minnie 2019 2601fb, my deal will come in at 24,500 including all registration of RV and delivery. I am wanting to go on extened adventures 3 to 4 months at a time. Am I heading in right direction? Really sold on Winnebago and thier specs and constuction are right under Airstreams but as we all know cost plays apart in that. I wanted a unit built before 2020 as pandemic was such a huge disruption on the supply chain so many disclaimers abound about replacements in manufacture. On the beach is Mexico will be my first outing! Any comments, feedback appreciated. Single Mature female will be traveling alongside fellow adventuress. thanks blessing on days. Have camped all my life in tents even with 4 month old son. So not a newbie so to speak but new to RVing.

I am ready to go on a Winnie Minnie 2019 2601fb, my deal will come in at 24,500 including all registration of RV and delivery. I am wanting to go on extened adventures 3 to 4 months at a time. Am I heading in right direction? Really sold on Winnebago and thier specs and constuction are right under Airstreams but as we all know cost plays apart in that. I wanted a unit built before 2020 as pandemic was such a huge disruption on the supply chain so many disclaimers abound about replacements in manufacture. On the beach is Mexico will be my first outing! Any comments, feedback appreciated. Single Mature female will be traveling alongside fellow adventuress. thanks blessing on days. Have camped all my life in tents even with 4 month old son. So not a newbie so to speak but new to RVing.
We bought our Winnebago Vista new in 2011. It has been our full time home for the last 7 years. It has taken us across Canada, to 45 of the lower 48 and into Mexico. Since new, we have replaced a water pump, toilet, roof vent covers, a power step motor and had the gear cog teeth rebuilt. These were wear and tear items. We replaced both galley and bathroom faucets because we just didn't like the factory knobs. Our coach was built on Ford's F53. It too has been pretty reliable. The first item to go was the dash A/C compressor (while under warrantee) but because I could not get it into a Ford Dealer that would work on a motorhome in time. The warrantee was denied. We have since relied on running the genset and roof air for our comfort. It has now logged well over 100,000 Km (60, 000M). Tires were replaced at 7 years, Brake pads replaced and oil changes suing Mobile 1 ever 10,000 K (6, 000M). I believe you will be fine with the Winnebago purchase.

Mexico by the sea. We like the inside of the sea of Cortez. We really like Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point). Concha del Mar Campground is our go to. Miles of white sand beach right in front of you. Puerto Penasco has not turned into a major tourist destination (yet). It is not quite the sleepy little fishing village it once was though. You can get by just being able to speak a little Spanish. Just remember to make sure you have Mexican Insurance and a Dash Cam just in case.

Safe travels

Darrell

We bought our Winnebago Vista new in 2011. It has been our full time home for the last 7 years. It has taken us across Canada, to 45 of the lower 48 and into Mexico. Since new, we have replaced a water pump, toilet, roof vent covers, a power step motor and had the gear cog teeth rebuilt. These were wear and tear items. We replaced both galley and bathroom faucets because we just didn't like the factory knobs. Our coach was built on Ford's F53. It too has been pretty reliable. The first item to go was the dash A/C compressor (while under warrantee) but because I could not get it into a Ford Dealer that would work on a motorhome in time. The warrantee was denied. We have since relied on running the genset and roof air for our comfort. It has now logged well over 100,000 Km (60, 000M). Tires were replaced at 7 years, Brake pads replaced and oil changes suing Mobile 1 ever 10,000 K (6, 000M). I believe you will be fine with the Winnebago purchase.

Mexico by the sea. We like the inside of the sea of Cortez. We really like Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point). Concha del Mar Campground is our go to. Miles of white sand beach right in front of you. Puerto Penasco has not turned into a major tourist destination (yet). It is not quite the sleepy little fishing village it once was though. You can get by just being able to speak a little Spanish. Just remember to make sure you have Mexican Insurance and a Dash Cam just in case.

Safe travels

Darrell
Good Morning Darrell it truly is a small world, the Sea of Cortez #Rocky Point is my exact destination for my maiden voyage! Such a beautiful place if desert and sea are your thing! It’s mine I remember Rocky Point when it was a little fishing village! A lots changed but leave the “strip” and it nothing but peaceful and beautiful. I know I made a great move with my Winnie! See ya by the sea❣️ Rambin Rose

Good Morning Darrell it truly is a small world, the Sea of Cortez #Rocky Point is my exact destination for my maiden voyage! Such a beautiful place if desert and sea are your thing! It’s mine I remember Rocky Point when it was a little fishing village! A lots changed but leave the “strip” and it nothing but peaceful and beautiful. I know I made a great move with my Winnie! See ya by the sea❣️ Rambin Rose
I am more fond of San Carlos! But the peninsula is my preference!

I think San Carlos is on the inside of the sea of Cortez south of Penasco. Were you maybe thinking of San Felipe? It is on the Baja.

Darrell
You are correct!

However I said it right. I don't like the little dirty town of "rockypoint " Porta Penasco! Not to fond of San Felipe either!

Would prefer LaPaz, or on mainland PV,

I like the culture found deeper in Mexico!!!

Oh yah! For a fishing village I am fond of Bahia de LA but not for the standard RV!!!

Oh yah! For a fishing village I am fond of Bahia de LA but not for the standard RV!!!
Why not a "standard RV"? Bahía de los Ángeles looks interesting. We have only been as far south as San Felipe on the Baja. When were you last there? How is the road further south? I read that there is power now and a small hotel with an airstrip. Can one just park on the beach? I read that it is a snorkeler's paradise.

Maybe we should not have hijacked this thread. Should it be moved to one called Mexican Destinations maybe?

Darrell

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back