Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
We’ve notice frost in the freezer and upon inspection noticed the door seal does not sit flat.Almost as if the door is not square to the body of the refrigerator. Thoughts? IMG_1004.jpeg

I looked at pages 10-11 of the owners manual which deals with door alignment. I didn’t see anything helpful with respect to the drawer, but have attached the manual in case you’re able to see something different.

Attachments

• owners-manual-w10400960-revc.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 4
I’ll check with NewmarWhirlpool tomorrow. Looks like the door is twisted somehow. Only one side is not sealing.
Probably why the refrigerator is impossible to lock.

It's a long shot, but any chance your coach isn't level and the door is pulling away slightly?

I checked mine @Joe Hogan and it looks like the freezer rides on drawer type rails. Have you inspected to see if the rails look aligned properly? If possible maybe fully extend the freezer door and lift/jiggle (technical term) to see if something is out of whack alignment.

The mounting area looks like there might be some room for tweaking the alignment. I’ll try that when the freezer is empty.

It appears the seal would hit the hinge mount if it did go in. And the mount looks like it is bent down and into the refrigerator. Bent like that it would push the door out slightly.

The hinge is designed to make room for the door seal.
IMG_1018.jpeg

I don’t think it’s door alignment. Look closely and the seal is pulled away from the door. These seals usually have a magnetic strip in the to pull the seal to the base. The seal could be dirty on the inside preventing that, or it’s getting a little stiff over time.
I’d clean it real good and the rub in some rubber conditioner on it while pulling out on the seal. That seemed to help for us. Next would be to replace the seal.

Well Joe! Your brand new fridge was damaged during install or shipping!

Repairable? Eh! Maybe. Notice the bulge just below the hinge. If you put a straight edge on that puppy you will be able to see the extent of the damage!!!

Latest resources

Back