• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Reminder: Check your AGS settings for hot weather ops

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
AGS can be set to come on with various parameters such as if the roof units need to come on or by voltage or state of charge (requires adding a ME-BMK which you could do while replacing batteries). If you have furnace on and diesel burner on you should be heating regardless of shore power. Furnace runs off of 12V not 120V.

AGS can be set to come on with various parameters such as if the roof units need to come on or by voltage or state of charge (requires adding a ME-BMK which you could do while replacing batteries). If you have furnace on and diesel burner on you should be heating regardless of shore power. Furnace runs off of 12V not 120V.
Yes, and that's how it's running now. But unfortunately, I had the roof units on so when the power went, so did the heat.

Keep in mind roof units (heat pump) only heat down to around 40F outside temps. Lower than that consider using furnace. The system should auto switch but if you don't have burner on it's moot.

@Jim , this may not be related, but i discovered another way my AGS doesn’t work that surprised me. If you manually start the generator, the AGS defaults to “off”. I figured once set, it would stay set until i turned it off. Nope.

That is correct, if you initiate a GEN start you have to stop it before the system will control it again.

I also forgot to mention that at least on mine you also have to have the GEN "armed" in AUTO mode.

It's best to TEST your setup. Get things setup then go throw the breaker on the pedestal (shore power) and verify it works. You need to learn the system by putting it into these failure scenarios and watch it work.

@Jim , this may not be related, but i discovered another way my AGS doesn’t work that surprised me. If you manually start the generator, the AGS defaults to “off”. I figured once set, it would stay set until i turned it off. Nope.
Yes, I saw that as well, but didn't realize it until you make this post. I manually started the generator when I was storing my cleaning stuffs in front of it. I wanted to make sure that the air flow was not inhibited.

Then yesterday, when the generator didn't start during the storm, I noticed that the AGS was 'off'. I'm guessing that I should have gone back in and manually turned it back on. But it sure seems shortsighted for the Silverleaf to not return to the programmed default on its own.

Quick question. By default, I guess the air conditioners don't operate off the inverter?

Power was restored to the park yesterday, and that's where my coach is parked. So shore power has been running the systems and keeping the coach warm. About an hour ago, Duke Energy came out to fix the power at my house, and in doing so, they had to temporarily shut the power off to the park. So obviously, power to my coach ceased as well.

The Silverleaf saw that it was getting cold inside and turned on the generator to warm things up. But when the power returned about 20 minutes later, the generator continued to run. I would have thought that Silverleaf would have sensed that shore power had returned, and turned off the generator, but that didn't happen.

Am I missing a setting? Or is that just how it works? Or do I have a faulty transfer switch?

Quick question. By default, I guess the air conditioners don't operate off the inverter?
No. The way to learn this is go to the circuit breaker panel inside your coach, typically in the half bath. You will notice two groups of breakers. The ones on the left are from shore power, the ones on the right go through the inverter.

Generator power has priority through the AGS. Your generator will continue to run until its your preset parameters are met.

Latest resources

Back