• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Replace old lights with LEDs

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Regarding LED and eye damage, here is an interesting discussion on blue light and its effects on eyes

I focus on the mention of pulsating causing problems, the blue light is simply the icing on the cake. The built in voltage regulator in 12v lights creates a pulse, as well as dimmer circuits. But it goes one step further! WiFi And cell phones radio waves do the same pulsating.
Thanks Joe for your article.

I changed out all the incandescent bulbs in our T/T for less than $15. There are 12 I think.
This was about 4 years ago and not a single one has failed.
The power they draw is miniscule compared to the old bulbs. I accidently left the light in the bathroom on for about 3 weeks before I saw it and there was virtually no drain on the batteries. (y)
As far as the the pulsing and wi-fi and cell phone radio waves I guess you could just start wearing a foil hat.

1693862866143.png

I changed out all the incandescent bulbs in our T/T for less than $15. There are 12 I think.
The power they draw is miniscule compared to the old bulbs. I accidently left the light in the bathroom on for about 3 weeks before I saw it and there was virtually no drain on the batteries. (y)
As far as the the pulsing and wi-fi and cell phone radio waves I guess you could just start wearing a foil hat.

View attachment 20559
Well my design is a little more durable, but yes I have one of those too!!!

View attachment 20559
I sent this pic to a potential buyer complaining about the power lines being too close to the house I was selling.

Good info, I bought a couple of bulbs that worked in my fixtures and in general we hate them. They are to bright. Thus the need to get reduced Kelvin bulbs. By the same token, I hate the normal bulbs as well because they are to dim. One of the "new" led bulbs has already failed.

Good info, I bought a couple of bulbs that worked in my fixtures and in general we hate them. They are to bright. Thus the need to get reduced Kelvin bulbs. By the same token, I hate the normal bulbs as well because they are to dim. One of the "new" led bulbs has already failed.
I guess I should have mentioned that I’ve only used the cheap LED conversion lights in exterior and basement fixtures. So I want bright, obnoxious lighting in these cases. I use OE LED stuff in all the interior fixtures.

Latest resources

Back