RV Year
RV Make
Komfort
RV Model
RV Length
30'
Fulltimer
No
Is there a method or hack to replace my 2007 Komfort 282 trailer light bulbs with LEDs? I think the existing lights are halogen sucking up tons of battery power, and i haven't found any LEDs that can work. Thank you.

We purchased 12 volt LED fixtures and replaced all the overhead lighting in our 2007 coach. I initially had switched out the bulbs but was not happy with them. This is what we bought for main overhead lights. I also replace the light over the kitchen table, and over the kitchen sink and bathroom.

Amazon product ASIN B09KMGWFW6

I think you can just replace the bulbs. You will match up the bulb to the type you have now. I have not done this as we sold an older 5th wheel and purchased a new unit and it has all LED lighting. I’m sure others will have input on this. Good luck.

This is the way I do it!

20230903_070009.jpg

I would prefer going back to incandescent though. Seems reports are coming out that LEDs are causing eye problems!

This is from a home depot contractor pack of two, the other one is in the bathroom.

I power them with the inverter that is never shut off. I have used these on all mods on trailers for a good 8 years.

You can buy replacement LED bulbs cheap on Amazon:
IMG_2395.jpeg
Or buy complete new LED RV light fixtures:
IMG_2397.jpeg
Or get creative and use any 12v LED fixture that fits the need:
IMG_2398.jpeg
I’ll use these to add light in various baggage areas:
IMG_2396.jpeg

I would guess that all LED fixtures and bulbs come from the same types of factories in china with the same standards and processes. They usually claim 50,000 hours. I have yet to see any fail and a very small fraction of the claimed life-expectancy would be adequate so I’m not too concerned.

Last edited:
We use LED for almost all lighting. We stay below 4500 Kelvin. Don’t like the 5000+ K, Walmart parking lot effect, except for work shop area.
And have a dimmable LED if possible .

I would guess that all LED fixtures and bulbs come from the same types of factories in china with the same standards and processes. They usually claim 50,000 hours. I have yet to see any fail and a very small fraction of the claimed life-expectancy would be adequate so I’m not too concerned.
That's cooooool! Would like to be able to say the same, but my mileage is quite different.

I do have another reason I went 115vac. 24vdc system, but would have kept the converter had I not had my fill of short life 12vdc garbage(not just LED lights).

Regarding LED and eye damage, here is an interesting discussion on blue light and its effects on eyes

Latest resources

Back