Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I've been very fortunate unlike other stories with the LED ceiling lights in my 2017 Newmar Ventana. But I had one start flickering underneath the master bathroom cabinet so it was time to replace. Newmar parts doesn't sell the ones for my coach anymore, the cover for it is not the same type, it's more white vs. translucent in mine. I found them on Amazon and it's an exact match, I replaced my bad one. Great tip from @Stuart S which was to clip the wires closest to the failed assembly to keep your wire runs the longest as there is no simple unplug and plug but you have to cut wires and use wire crimps to wire connect in the new lamp. For those with the translucent LED lights, here is the link to what I found:

TIP: when you cut a pair of wires such as these 12V wires cut each wire individually. I was brilliant one time cutting both at the same time, yep, shorted the connection as the cutters bridged the two wires and blew a fuse. Learn from Darwin!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XR85Y7B/?tag=rvf01-20

puck-lights.png

I've been very fortunate unlike other stories with the LED ceiling lights in my 2017 Newmar Ventana. But I had one start flickering underneath the master bathroom cabinet so it was time to replace. Newmar parts doesn't sell the ones for my coach anymore, the cover for it is not the same type, it's more white vs. translucent in mine. I found them on Amazon and it's an exact match, I replaced my bad one. Great tip from @Stuart S which was to clip the wires closest to the failed assembly to keep your wire runs the longest as there is no simple unplug and plug but you have to cut wires and use wire crimps to wire connect in the new lamp. For those with the translucent LED lights, here is the link to what I found:

TIP: when you cut a pair of wires such as these 12V wires cut each wire individually. I was brilliant one time cutting both at the same time, yep, shorted the connection as the cutters bridged the two wires and blew a fuse. Learn from Darwin!

Amazon.com

View attachment 185
I've got to replace several flickering lights too, and I'm wondering if your lights are the same as mine. I've tried several times to get them off the ceiling but they are stubborn, and I'm afraid I'm going to do some damage in the process. These from
Amazon seem to be much simpler to install.

I used a plastic putty knife to remove my puck lights. Work the knife around the circumference prying it out a little in each area. If they're like mine, you'll learn after you remove the first one how to remove it without getting a finger in the rat trap.

I used a plastic putty knife to remove my puck lights. Work the knife around the circumference prying it out a little in each area. If they're like mine, you'll learn after you remove the first one how to remove it without getting a finger in the rat trap.
Yep, got it!

EDIT: Ordered a 6-pack of them and expect delivery in a couple of days. I'll report back one they arrive. Thanks @Neal

Last edited:
Mine are similar to the ones pictured here but flush mounted. Generally too bright and a bit narrow in beam.
Saw, on another forum, an owner replaced his with these from Amazon.
I ordered 4. They're great! 3 different shades and infinite dimming. Highly recommended if you've got the room for a larger light.

Wow...didn't know they had these on Amazon... Bought a couple of 6-packs from ITC, with shipping about .11 more per light shipped.

Time will tell, but I ordered more WAGO connectors. They make fast work of swapping out lights. Just hope they keep a reliable connection thru their service life.

I figured my MicroAir Easy Start is reliant on the WAGO connectors...and so far so good.

We replaced most of ours that all failed (2018 feature) with M4 LED. Used a spoon to pry old ones down without damaging anything. 6 years later still going strong.

Thanks Neal, look the same as the one's in my 2015 Ventana

Changed out 3 original lights that were flickering. The Amazon lights are slightly brighter when lit, and the glass (plastic?) cover is not exactly the same as the original. But all in all, they're so close that nobody will ever notice.

Also, when their not lit, the plastic cover is a bit darker than the originals. But again, they're so close that nobody would ever notice. Pretty easy to swap.

Picture 1
Slight difference in cover design. But it's hardly noticeable when the lights are installed.

Light 2.JPG

Installed with some water resistant doohickeys that I generally use when splicing phone line cable.

Light1.JPG

The light on the right is the Amazon replacement. Slightly brighter but hardly noticeable. The longer you stair at it, the blinder you get, and in about 15 seconds they look just fine. :)

Light 3.JPG

Another picture of the brighter light. The stock light is on the left of the vent, the Amazon replacement is on the right side of the vent.

Light 4.JPG

Latest resources

Back