RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
I want to ask if anyone had the SONY TV (2013/ 2014 or older model) in the living room replaced with a current model 4K/8K TV?
I truly dislike the one that came with the coach.
What Stopped me doing it sooner is the work space behind the TV is no more than 3” And also routing the cables.

The only thing you need to worry about are physical dimensions. Measure space available and make sure the new one will fit.

While I'd still buy a 4K TV you will likely rarely watch 4K content if ever. You're not going to get that over cellular, not sure if even Starlink for a few years.

We use the Nivida Sheild for our streaming needs and it meets my needs. It will automatically adjust video quality when you are on cellular to prevent buffering and you can turn it on and off. Also, will track daily usage. Plus it has called "Enhanced Video" which will upscale any video and "I" believe it makes 720 look like 1080 and 1080 look close to 4K. We have Plex with mostly 720K movies and they look like to me that they are 1080p. It has two USB ports that you can expand it storage since there ton games you download to the Sheild. I put a 5 Tera byte drive on one USB port and the Sheild will run Plex Server and access the attach drive or will acess network drives.
I had my Pepwave hooked up to my 4K TV for few days and I was getting great 4K streaming connected to the Pepwave via enthernet. We hae T-Mobile SIM that we are getting between 150 and 250 on speed test.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back