Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Replacing Convection Oven w/ Range Hood - bad idea?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally wouldn’t want the convection/microwave down so low...I use it a lot, and that bending over stuff is tough on my aging back...I think my back is older than I am. On the New Aire, the induction cooktop can be removed & taken elsewhere. If I’m cooking something that really has to be looked at a lot, I could just move it to the dinette table.

Never heard of these top loaders but will definately check them out. That could be a pretty neat little trick for making it accessible when slides are closed.

Heard back from Newmar today. Their engineering dept said they do not install customer provided appliances, even if the work is retail. So they won’t do the work. Couldn’t even get a quote out of them. Anyone know any good carpenters in the Napanee area that might be able to do the cabinet work?

That must be something new or "depends on who you talk to" as they were certainly willing to install my customer supplied GE Advantium and only charge me labor. The problem I had was I couldn't get the Advantium in time. I am not surprised by this as their markup is so horrendous this traps you into their pricing and hence profit. There are other ways....

Since the induction cooktop is just plugged in, how about having someone design a slide mechanism. When cooking , slide it out from under the microwave. I'm guessing even 6-8 inches of forward slide would be plenty. All that it would require is cutting a straight line along both sides of the current cooktop opening (toward the outage edge of the counter), create some support and slide the front edge of the corian and cooktop out as one unit. One pushed back into place, you wouldn't know that it moves. Here is a photo of when I replaced the propane unit with an induction unit in my 2014 Dutch Star. You can see the slices in the corian.

If the drawer front gets in the way, because it's too tall, just put a hinge on it, so it pulls back and down when it opens. This would make room for the cooktop to slide.
P1020727.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back