• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Reqtec RT-340 pellet grill just fits in cargo bay

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We haven’t found any restrictions on the use of a pellet grill, but the universe of RV parks we have used ours at is very small. Our first Recteq pellet grill has remained at our Polson lot, which is currently for sale, and will go with the property. Just a few days ago, our new Recteq RT-340 arrived here at the sticks n’ bricks and I just got it set up today (1-hour burn-in, wifi control activated, etc.), so we’re again ready to grill and smoke.

BTW, I recommend very highly the Recteq; mostly stainless steel construction and the modest amount of painted surfaces appear to be powder coated. The units are well-built, quite easy to use and very temperature-stable. The results are outstanding—aka “very tasty.”

TJ

I had decided that unless Camp Chef gave me a big credit, I was going to get a grill that's all, or nearly all, stainless for my portable. With the $300 credit and getting it for $280 after the credit, couldn't pass on it.

That said, my next pellet grill whether for my house or RV will be one of the ones like Rectec which is nearly all stainless.

Good to see that the RT-340 fits. I bought one last year and hoped it would fit but never tried to bring it. Definitely a two person lift to get it in/out.

Good to see that the RT-340 fits. I bought one last year and hoped it would fit but never tried to bring it. Definitely a two person lift to get it in/out.
True! The good news is that it has sturdy, comfortable lifting handles on each end.

TJ

Lifting handles on both ends is a REAL nice touch.

Any restrictions about using pellet grills at RV parks?
During stage 2 fire restrictions, pellet grills are technically prohibited. I read the document from the forest service and decided to take a trip to the ranger station.

When I arrived, they had a traeger grill sitting outside. My confidence was boosted, so I went in and spoke to the ranger on duty. I asked him if Hank Hill was going to finally win the debate, as stage 2 allowed only hank to grill, while the rest of us where stuck.

Short answer... charcoal and campfires will get you a ticket guaranteed. Pellet grills are technically wood stoves. They can also be shut off very quickly and are fully enclosed. It's a gray area and depends on the officer/ranger and the conditions, etc.

LPG stoves are allowed.

I went back and smoked my supper.

Latest resources

Back