Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
My viair has been a life saver over the last 5 years, but my coach killed it. And it murdered my neighbor's brand new Viair as well. 😬 I connected it to the house batteries - the pos to one battery and the ground on another. The fuse didn't blow - it just flat out killed it. Yes, yes....connect to chassis battery forevermore.

However I've chosen for now not to purchase another Viair, as I had a doubler (Red Diamond Air Booster) installed while I was at Spartan. Just need to get the coil and I should be good to go.

@ARD will be performing battery and solar installs at the upcoming RVF rally. Her booth is right next to the Proteng booth.

I have a doubler as well. I had never heard of them until another Marathon owner let me use his. I highly recommend them. The Les Schwab dealer in Junction City, OR builds and sells them.

My viair has been a life saver over the last 5 years, but my coach killed it. And it murdered my neighbor's brand new Viair as well. 😬 I connected it to the house batteries - the pos to one battery and the ground on another. The fuse didn't blow - it just flat out killed it. Yes, yes....connect to chassis battery forevermore.

However I've chosen for now not to purchase another Viair, as I had a doubler (Red Diamond Air Booster) installed while I was at Spartan. Just need to get the coil and I should be good to go.

Good to know that the Viairs don't like 6 volts. or did you get across 24 or 48v?

Good to know that the Viairs don't like 6 volts. or did you get across 24 or 48v?
They do fine on 6v if you connect to one 6v. It just goes very slow. The problem was when I went across and got I don't know how many volts. 🥴

I have not seen that air booster before. How does it tie in with the coach’s air system? I assume the engine has to be running to use it?

I have not seen that air booster before. How does it tie in with the coach’s air system? I assume the engine has to be running to use it?
Yes, the engine has to be running. It is a pretty simple install. Took about 30 mins. They connect a hose from the air compressor where you would normally use to air your tires and to the doubler. Mine is next to the generator. There is a regulator on the doubler that they set so you don't go over 130 psi and blow up your tires. When you want to use air, you connect to the doubler. There is also a valve that you can turn on and off to make it easier to connect/disconnect. I'll take a photo of the installation when my coach comes back from service this afternoon.

@ARD will you ask what the cfm is at 90psi

My guess is that it is about the same as the viair, but would be nice to know for sure.

The Viair is 0.47 CFM, while my twin arb compressor is 2.1CFM

The time to air the 365s from 100 to 110 on the viair was 12min while the twin is 2 min.

I want to get a sense of where the doubler falls between the two compressors I own.

@ARD will you ask what the cfm is at 90psi
I left Spartan, but they sell the part at Newmar too so maybe someone here can tell me. Will let you know.

Latest resources

Back