Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
3D73EDEF-5996-4848-B2E7-8132FDE72CF3.jpeg
2FCA9892-6309-4E8D-B81A-D1D10FC31EEA.jpeg

My viair has been a life saver over the last 5 years, but my coach killed it. And it murdered my neighbor's brand new Viair as well. 😬 I connected it to the house batteries - the pos to one battery and the ground on another. The fuse didn't blow - it just flat out killed it. Yes, yes....connect to chassis battery forevermore.

However I've chosen for now not to purchase another Viair, as I had a doubler (Red Diamond Air Booster) installed while I was at Spartan. Just need to get the coil and I should be good to go.

There is an inline fuse. Have you tried changing that? It's in the rectangular fuse holder near the alligator clips.

Found this doubler:

There is an inline fuse. Have you tried changing that? It's in the rectangular fuse holder near the alligator clips.
It was fine which was weird.

It was fine which was weird.
I'd try replacing the fuse or asking VIAIR before calling time of death on it. And hook it up to chassis batteries as a test.

I'd try replacing the fuse or asking VIAIR before calling time of death on it. And hook it up to chassis batteries as a test.
Hooked it up to car battery - dead. Will try again on chassis battery later before I trash it, but I'm pretty sure it's a goner.

Hooked it up to car battery - dead. Will try again on chassis battery later before I trash it, but I'm pretty sure it's a goner.
Dead is dead kid, doesn’t matter which battery you hook it up to assuming the fuse is good. I know you had an air system added to your coach, but for just 2-3lbs in a tire now and then I love this little unit. Only puts in about 1lb/min but for small amounts it’s so easy and convenient:

Combined with this little blower for use around the campsite, and I’m a happy camper.

Give me your corpses, I bet a quarter it's not dead.

I emailed [email protected] and they said:

You can try to jump start the compressor by bypassing the on/off switch.

Remove the back plastic rear cover and there are 2 wires, red & black.

Apply direct power from the battery to see if it’ll jump start the compressor.

If it does then you just need a replacement on/off switch.

$350 air compressor, I'll fix it and sell it back to you for $330.

Latest resources

Back