• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rodent solution needed, please!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The fence was specifically designed for rodents - If you dig into the design of the fence, he designed it where 1) the fence was too tall for the rodents to jump over it 2) he made it so the rodent needed to touch the bottom plate AND the wire to get the shock
So maybe the cat would be ok?

Now, that is an INTERESTING solution! I love guys who think outside the box. And, it just so happens that I have a new-in-the-box electric fence unit out in the shop. Hmmmm.

TJ
Yah! I had an electric fence to keep the donkey in. All it took to let the donkey out was to have grass grow up and touch the fence. I was trimming under the fence all the time. Hopefully the mice don't have skis and snow will keep them out. I like snakes, I relocate them so the mice population is reduced a little.

Yeah, typical electric fences don't carry enough juice to kill you or "the donkey" but the fence above has enough to zap a mouse across the bridge instantly and eventually the mouse population will diminish to few and far between. The designer had his rig in a barn, not out in the open.

We used to leave an unattended fiver up north in the cold. The only thing that worked to keep the little critters out was dryer sheets. I would buy a couple boxes and put them all over the place.

@Neal, do these units bother Elli if they are left plugged in when you travel?
I'm told they do not affect dogs, neither my prior or current demonstrated any problems with them. Me on the other hand...I forget a lot, I think, can't remember.

Thank you everyone for the ideas and advice. I'll start here with Phase 1. :)

DSCN2471.JPG

Last edited:
Me on the other hand...I forget a lot, I think, can't remember.
That is just misplaced data, since you deal with so much. I would suggest installing a few more deciterabytes, but then you would have to remember which data went where. Oh well. :cool:

Latest resources

Back