• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Rodent solution needed, please!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Pineapple pizza - even mice have standards. Just toss a slice at each corner of the RV

While I had my coach up at the factory I paid them to raise the coach up and look for mouse entry points and foam them with rodent proof foam (Mouse Shield Foam Sealant + Blocker | Touch 'n Foam (touch-n-foam.com). I haven't had any in the coach in over a year (knocking on wood).
If I was having the problems you're having Jim I'd take this approach FARM SHOW Magazine - The BEST stories about Made-It-Myself Shop Inventions, Farming and Gardening Tips, Time-saving Tricks & the Best Farm Shop Hacks, DIY Farm Projects, Tips on Boosting your farm income, time-saving farming advice, farming tractors and Agriculture equipment reviews

I've had mice...... takes some time to get rid of them, they are crafty. They have not got into the living area yet, but the underbelly and anywhere they can squeeze from there. I did buy a ton of coarse steel wool and plugged every place they could penetrate the living area, and there are lots. I've set traps, both snap traps, and sticky in the basement area and have caught about 15 total this year.

The scented stuff like peppermint, moth balls, dryer sheets had zero success on my mice, and it just stunk up the rig to where I was drivin' out (not the mice)

I have also tried to plug every entry point underneath with steel wool and gorilla tape. on many rigs the entry point is where the slides come thru the frame, and I temp plug those, then un plug when moving slides.

I do also have an ultrasonic device.... unsure of its success. I put this in the heating duct so it reverberates thru the heating system.

While I had my coach up at the factory I paid them to raise the coach up and look for mouse entry points and foam them with rodent proof foam (Mouse Shield Foam Sealant + Blocker | Touch 'n Foam (touch-n-foam.com). I haven't had any in the coach in over a year (knocking on wood).
If I was having the problems you're having Jim I'd take this approach FARM SHOW Magazine - The BEST stories about Made-It-Myself Shop Inventions, Farming and Gardening Tips, Time-saving Tricks & the Best Farm Shop Hacks, DIY Farm Projects, Tips on Boosting your farm income, time-saving farming advice, farming tractors and Agriculture equipment reviews
I will have to add this to my list. Thanks.

Now, that is an INTERESTING solution! I love guys who think outside the box. And, it just so happens that I have a new-in-the-box electric fence unit out in the shop. Hmmmm.

TJ

This could be a shocking experience for those of use who have to shovel 2 ft of snow around the MH. I definitely need to live somewhere warmer.

Now, that is an INTERESTING solution! I love guys who think outside the box. And, it just so happens that I have a new-in-the-box electric fence unit out in the shop. Hmmmm.

TJ
I have it all as well. But we have a barn cat and I'm not sure what would happen to her if she got into it. And I know she would.

Anyone consider a pet snake? Okay...didn't think so...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back