• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Roof A/C's Temp Setting

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yes you are correct. 25 degree difference is at the absolute tops based on exchange process in unit. New Freon's do not work as good as the old stuff for heat transference but what is a body to do. We have talked about magna shade, with the little use lately cannot justify price at this point. If we use it more will opt for one.
We sat fence with Canyon Star, but took the plunge on new rig. They are only and hour away, so had them do install. Great folks. makes a difference. Wont stop a golf ball, but keeps coach cooler for sure.

Our first MH was DP, and like that they are quieter going down road. The 1st one was a engineering miracle/mistake based on quality. Every time we took it out, something broke. Talked about not buying new one, and just taking a loss on the other one, but I did not want to stop traveling yet, so bought new Ventana in 2019. Love this MH as far as quality, everything for the most part works every time. Nothing is perfect, so sure going to have issues at some point. You are right on the golf ball, hopefully wont be near enough to have one hit. MG is up the road about 125 miles or so, just need to bite down and make it up there and get it ordered and installed. I might do it end of august.

Our first MH was DP, and like that they are quieter going down road. The 1st one was a engineering miracle/mistake based on quality. Every time we took it out, something broke. Talked about not buying new one, and just taking a loss on the other one, but I did not want to stop traveling yet, so bought new Ventana in 2019. Love this MH as far as quality, everything for the most part works every time. Nothing is perfect, so sure going to have issues at some point. You are right on the golf ball, hopefully wont be near enough to have one hit. MG is up the road about 125 miles or so, just need to bite down and make it up there and get it ordered and installed. I might do it end of august.
This is our 3rd diesel MH. While we have had more issues with our Newmar than the prior 2, we really love this one which we ordered with many options and specials.

When approaching the 1 year point, made appt at mother ship for warranty items. At that point had 36 and while there they modified drawer so I have small office area, and fixed a couple of things they found. I do not like the equalizer jacks which level it, the auto level is bogus, and so I do it manually. The HWH system is far superior. We had 40' DP before, and I wanted something smaller for the hills/curves in these mountains. We went down to 35' long, and I like it for that reason. We ordered all electric unit, and we like that too. Everyone has things, as earthquake going down road. Last time out, FWS would not go out, called NM and they over the phone advised me what to do, did it, then it worked as advertised. Believe I caused problem. Normally I start main engine, let it stabilize, and pump up coach, then start generator to get good charge going into batteries, and cool down refer, etc. But that time I started generator first and then main engine. That should not have cause issue, but killing coach power, waiting minute, and slide motor controller woke up and it worked just fine. I am going to check it, as the motor controller could be on the iffy side, if it happens again, will see about a "customer satisfaction" replacement, as it should not fail that soon. There are no breakers on the slide motors. But one little glitch in the two years we have owned it, well there was the starter cable from the factory which was lose, and we had to stop in NB and have fixed on the way home from picking it up, but otherwise not much issues. All those warranty items were growing pains having a new one. The bathroom window sort of failed, some cabinet items were not level, that kind of stuff. I think they should slow down production and spend more time getting stuff correct before they send on to next station, but who am I.

Latest resources

Back