Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
Womp womp. Seems it happens to everyone at some point but I got too close to a tree today when trying to back into a really tight spot. I knew it was going to be tricky when I pulled up as we’re in a state park and the roads are narrow and they haven’t cleared any trees back from the road. Still, I thought I could get in as the site was 50’ long and figured surely with a site that long they’d considered turning radius for a rig that long.

The tree was on the driver side and to try and angle myself in, I’d gotten close to it but figured I’d then come straight back enough to clear the front of the rig from the tree, then cut hard again. What I didn’t notice was that the tree was leaning at a slight angle in towards the rig. I’d already manually straitened the wheels but apparently not quite enough and as I backed up slowly I moved closer to three because the wheels were not perfectly straight and then I felt the thud and hit the brakes. I immediately knew it was the tree. Initially though, I thought I’d just dented my baggage door. Thankfully it’s far less. Just some scratches that I’ll have polished out.

I went back to the office, asked for a different site and went and checked it out first. Much easier to get into. Lesson learned, if you think it’s too tight when you pull up and it makes you squirm in your seat, move on because it’s probably too tight.

Attachments

• 3C262DC4-B487-49F5-8DA6-7161730DBAF1.jpeg
    3C262DC4-B487-49F5-8DA6-7161730DBAF1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 45
  • 2518CFC2-A360-413D-B733-9F13409EB7E9.jpeg
    2518CFC2-A360-413D-B733-9F13409EB7E9.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Bummer and yes it happens and will happen again. I became intimate with a tree limb not long ago and it left its mark and making a right turn (not wide enough) in a small town downtown their street lamp jumped off the sidewalk into the road and could have torn my left side wide open. In both of those cases, thankful to Newmar's significant clear coating I was able to buff all of the above out on my own. Here is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DB0NVG/?tag=rvf01-20

And with the above used various pads such as cutting to polishing

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006GBTP8/?tag=rvf01-20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N9OE1E/?tag=rvf01-20

Pride is the biggest injury, all is going to turn out fine! :)

So sorry Mapnerd!

We “cough, cough”, rubbed a sign at a KOA a few months ago. It was a Stop sign set up in a bucket and the husband hit it with the mirror. It immediately tipped over and as he drove forward slowly it took out the paint on the drivers side. He was looking to the right and we had Pandora rocking and didn’t realize what the noise was at first. It ended up scrapping up the drivers side to the tune of $7400.00!!!

We used NIRVC to repair it. It only was a paint job... Zero body damage. We used insurance to cover it. To say I wanted to scream, cry and curse is an understatement. We drank that night. ????

I will say that working with Progressive and NIRVC to get it repaired was painless...if you count paying deductible painless. ??

Glad it buffed out @MapNerd, could have been worse.

I stayed in a place like that not long ago. Took me an hour (and several close calls) to get situated. Then I spent the next few days worrying about how I was going to get out when the time came. But I got out unscathed and will not make that mistake again!

I hate how those trees and rocks jump up to bite my coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember somebody was carrying electric pole chain saw for such occasions. I gave away a brand new one when we moved from the old house. Wish I had it now

Latest resources

Back