• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Resolved Running Lights

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Soooo I’ve just learned that when the lights are on, only the rear running lights are lit. The front ones light up when you signal. Always learning something.

EDIT: FYI, I may be using incorrect terminology. Just been informed that they may be called marker lights. In any case, they are the orange ones on the sides of the coach.
Unless the protocols have changed, the amber lights on the front sides of the coach are only for turn signal use. They will not lit up for any other purpose. the marker lights are the red lights on the back sides of the coach. These rear red lights on the side will turn on with the headlights/park lights turned on. There are no marker lights on the front sides. again, unless protocols have changed. The DOT lights are the smaller lights on top of the coach in the front face and in the back/rear top.

@Rd1 Thanks for chiming in and explaining what each of the lights are referred to. What you said is what I discovered while using all the incorrect terminology. 😬

On my 2017 Ventana top front side and rear markers come on when wipers go on and stay on unless I turn headlights on then off.

On my 2017 Ventana top front side and rear markers come on when wipers go on and stay on unless I turn headlights on then off.
Yes, **believe** those may be part of FMVSS (federal motor vehicle safety standards), once the wipers are on, the (park?) lights should be turned on as a safety measure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back