• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Campground Rules

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Almost all of my sites have been designated. Yesterday, I booked a week in Spokane and in the process of booking online and paying, it was asked if I wanted to pay $10.00 extra to guarantee my site. Never had this happen before. Kind of like getting seats in an airplane.
That’s actually not a bad idea. If there were a site that I truly liked and $10 would make that a sure thing, heck yeah.

I don't get it. When I've reserved a spot, I've reserved that spot. Why would I need to pay an extra ten dollars to "reserve my reservation"?

Question for all you old timers here. I was in the process of making a reservation for stay at a campground for a weekend in July, plenty of notice 6 weeks in advance to be exact. While talking to the person about what I wanted, we agreed upon a site that I would be comfortable with. I was about to make the reservation when she started to explain some of the campground rules. One of them being that even though I paid for a particular site, that the host of the campground could move me at their discretion. Too me that doesn't make much sense because I am paying for everything and I am doing it 6 weeks in advance so obviously I am serious about coming to their campground. Has this ever happened to anybody? Has anybody ever paid for a site on a campground and when they got there, they were moved to another site? Or how about getting all set up and being asked to move to another site? I am a newbie here so I am wondering if this is common or not. Thanks for your answers.

John

2018 Thor Motor Coach Four Winds 30D
2020 Jeep Trailhawk (Toad)
I have stayed at places that ask if you want to lock the site. It’s usually $25. or $30. I have paid to lock in the past. I did not for a reservation in September this year. I’ll see how that works out. They may be covering themselves in case a problem comes up and they need to move you to another site. Back in the day there were no reservations you just took off and went in a direction. My wife use to guide us with a map. Those were the days. We were tent camping then. I thought I was big time when we got our first pop up.

Almost all of my sites have been designated. Yesterday, I booked a week in Spokane and in the process of booking online and paying, it was asked if I wanted to pay $10.00 extra to guarantee my site. Never had this happen before. Kind of like getting seats in an airplane.
I booked a reservation at Emerald Coast RV Resort in Panama City Beach for August. I picked site #47 facing the lake and across from the dog lot. When I went to check out the computer asked me if I wanted to pay $30 to guarantee my chosen campsite. I declined. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back