Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Thinking about taking an alternate route home from NIRVC Lawrenceville GA (Atlanta Area). Maybe Drive Rt16 to RT95 (through Atlanta) OR I-20 to Rt25, I-16 to I-95 (avoid Atlanta) and spend a night or two in Savannah. Prefer to avoid Atlanta if possible, ie I-20 route possibility. (As a commuter into ALT at one point I have suffered morning traffic in the Atlanta area enough in my life)

Maybe Tibbee Island Rivers End if time allows, or Red Gate Farms, Creek Fire. We prefer concrete pads with Full hook ups. We will need to empty tanks on this stop.

Thoughts on Route Alternatives and Camping??

Last edited:
@Joe Hogan First off Congrats on the new coach! Now about Atlanta, all I can say is "are you feeling lucky"? Sounds like you already have way more experience there than I but my experience has been hit or miss. Last month came into Atlanta from the Northeast on I-85 and out West on I-20. Went through Atlanta at about 10am on a weekday and there were a couple slow downs but all in all it was smooth sailing. Have also experienced 4 of 5 lanes closed for construction on a Sunday which as you can imagine resulted in hours of delay. I don't have any experience on US highways to avoid Atlanta but in other parts of the country I've found US highways to be as good or better than the Interstate. I typically use RV Trip Wizard for route planning and so far it's not put me in any bad situations. Regarding Campgrounds, I stayed at Creekfire last March and found it to be well maintained, and overall a nice environment. Has lots of amenities and seems to cater to families so there can be a good number of children around. You will get fill hookups, a cement pad, and good maneuverability in the park. They also have an on-sight restaurant in the building by the lake that also serves adult beverages if you should desire.

I overnighted at Creek Fire last spring. It’s a decent CG that I can recommend.

Thinking about taking an alternate route home from NIRVC Lawrenceville GA (Atlanta Area). Maybe Drive Rt16 to RT95 (through Atlanta) OR I-20 to Rt25, I-16 to I-95 (avoid Atlanta) and spend a night or two in Savannah. Prefer to avoid Atlanta if possible, ie I-20 route possibility. (As a commuter into ALT at one point I have suffered morning traffic in the Atlanta area enough in my life)

Maybe Tibbee Island Rivers End if time allows, or Red Gate Farms, Creek Fire. We prefer concrete pads with Full hook ups. We will need to empty tanks on this stop.

Thoughts on Route Alternatives and Camping??
We recently stayed at Petersburg Campground on Storm Thurmond Reservoir, not far from I-20 above Augusta. It is a beautiful campground...very spacious sites right on the water. We ended up staying an extra day and really didn't want to leave then! Each site has grill, campfire ring, picnic table. One of the nicest campgrounds we've been in. Not too pricey either! Safe travels to you!

We did Rivers End on Tybee Island. Would suggest longer than just a couple days because we did the Lighthouse and Ocean/beach on Tybee Island and visited Savannah a couple of times. If I recall correctly (it was over 2.5yrs ago) Rivers End was a bit tight but worked. Glad we went.

Latest resources

Back