• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Lot in Florida

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Trish and I are looking for an RV lot to buy in Florida.

We would love to be in Key West, but I don't think I'm willing to spend the $$ required to get something there. I've been looking for a place, maybe on a lake, that I could put in a slab and park an RV for several months out of the year. It would be ideal if that place had an old dwelling that I could tear down and then hook up to the existing utilities. But I've not had any luck finding that as of yet.

So purchasing a nice site on the ocean (or bay side), is what I'm now looking for. I would like to keep the purchase price around $250K. Anyone have something that they'd like to sell?
It seems a piece of the puzzle is missing here. Didn't you sell your RV???? Is someone keeping a secret???

@Neal ... and now the rest of the story :coffee::coffee::coffee:

It seems a piece of the puzzle is missing here. Didn't you sell your RV???? Is someone keeping a secret???
There's one just up the road I think. :)

(Of course, two months from now, nobody will get this joke, lol)

no worries, it will buff out.

I drove out yesterday and today looked at the property. There is some minor cosmetic repair and we want to extend the storage shed out to the full 14x16 allowed, and then remodel it into a Casita, but aside from that, it's fine. I think it will be a very nice place for us to escape the winters in NC.

As we don't have a motor home right now, it will probably be next year before we can enjoy the place. But we have a house reserved for a couple of months in the Keys this winter, so no big deal. In the meantime, I'll put it on the rental roll and hopefully others can soak up some of this wonderful weather!

Heading back to NC in the morning.

I’ll be there late January. See you then! :cool:
Hey Neemer, what lot will you be staying at? Have you been here before?

I have cancelled reservations there before. Does that count? :D

If I’m deciphering my confirmation email correctly, we are in #525. Scheduled for a week beginning 30 Jan, but I may be a couple of days late due to now having to go to AL via OH and MD. Oy.

I have cancelled reservations there before. Does that count? :D

If I’m deciphering my confirmation email correctly, we are in #525. Scheduled for a week beginning 30 Jan, but I may be a couple of days late due to now having to go to AL via OH and MD. Oy.
I'm down here now. I'll run by site 525 later and send you some pics.

Hey @Neemer, I got a bunch of pics for you but I can't find the cable to download them with. I'll pick up a cable tomorrow AM and get them uploaded for you then. Sorry buddy. :-(

No sweat, my friend. I appreciate your effort.

Latest resources

Back