• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV Park for Full Timers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Trish probably isn’t looking for more grass to mow.

:p

I think a six month minimum may be too long. Maybe 3-4 months extendable on a month to month basis would be good to keep your options open. You are binding yourself as well as the customer in a lease situation, limiting your ability to make changes if desired.

Also I don’t recall the specifics but I’ve spoken to several Canadians who have said they are required to go back and touch Canadian soil every five or six months (don’t recall the exact duration ) to maintain their Canadian health care and/or for travel visa reasons. So you might want research that to use for your lease duration.

Maybe some of our friends from north of the border can address/confirm this.

So here we are, 9:00 at night, and the unsightly glair remains. Guess the full time idea isn't gong to gain traction. :-(

So here we are, 9:00 at night, and the unsightly glair remains. Guess the full time idea isn't gong to gain traction. :-(
More wine?

@Jim ,
Obviously you have spent a great deal of time speaking with full timers visiting your facility which, I’m assuming, is why you posed the question.
The few full timers that I have spoken to all seem to be the nomadic type that move quite often and not necessarily just for the seasons. Are there really that many full timers that like to spend 6 months in a spot other than snow birders?
I think there are a number of reasons why folks full time. But I'm guessing that there are two main groups. Those that are employed and find living in a RV an economical way to survive and then there are those that fit in our situation. We want to see as much of the world as possible. I know get antsy after two weeks in one spot. If I am in one location for month it is because where I want to travel can't be accessed (We were once stuck in Merritt BC trapped by forest fires and all roads around us were closed) or we have found a location that will hold our attention for a longer period (such as warm area with a beautiful sandy empty beach).

Full timing in one location is not for me.

Darrell

I think the title of the thread is incorrect. It has nothing to do with fulltimers although your tenants meet that, what you're offering is extended stay sites. I was curious if this was one of three: 1) Something only for fulltimers, 2) extended stay, 3) owned sites.

Keep in mind some people avoid campgrounds with extended stay tenants as they are typically run down campers turned into permanent style facilities, etc. with shady tenants that are probably avoiding bounty hunters :)

I think the title of the thread is incorrect. It has nothing to do with fulltimers although your tenants meet that, what you're offering is extended stay sites. I was curious if this was one of three: 1) Something only for fulltimers, 2) extended stay, 3) owned sites.

Keep in mind some people avoid campgrounds with extended stay tenants as they are typically run down campers turned into permanent style facilities, etc. with shady tenants that are probably avoiding bounty hunters :)
WOW! I MEAN WOW!! LET ME TURN THAT INTO A CHANT, WOW!!! This is the guy that has censored me on many occasions!!! And will likely censor this post!!!

Let me remind all, that the poor give the widows might!!! Many will soon find the most wealth of people will have their neck tie parties!!! Many are so dark, they have gone unnoticed, but their time is here!!!

I am so offended by the forum's owner is is my last post here. Had he said "many people feel that ", he would not have made his statement personal, but rather he made it his personal feelings!

For the person that wants to get a club going, with charities!!! You may want to look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!

Neal take me off the membership rolls, I can no longer be associated with this forum!!!

Depends on the campground.

Where we are now has a bunch of seasonal. All nice folks and nice rigs.

We checked out a KOA in the area and the nicer sites part of the park had a whole bunch of junk parked there. A lot of them looked like they could not survive being pulled down the road very far as they would have fallen apart. We would not go there.

Overall, I think there are a few types of full timers - those that continually travel and those that travel between times at a “home base”. We are the second type now. Will spend summers traveling and winters at our annual site in FL.

There are full timers where we are now that are still working. Staying for the summer and working from the coach. One couple that was here for a while had a few kids as well.

That all said I think a rate structure for those that want to stay for extended periods, monthly etc. would be nice. Other than that, strictly from my perspective, a nice campground should fit the bill for short term or longer term stays.

Where we are now we have to do site mowing and trimming ourselves. Worth it for the monthly rate and they supply the mowers and trimmers.

Couldn’t have said it better !

WOW! I MEAN WOW!! LET ME TURN THAT INTO A CHANT, WOW!!! This is the guy that has censored me on many occasions!!! And will likely censor this post!!!

Let me remind all, that the poor give the widows might!!! Many will soon find the most wealth of people will have their neck tie parties!!! Many are so dark, they have gone unnoticed, but their time is here!!!

I am so offended by the forum's owner is is my last post here. Had he said "many people feel that ", he would not have made his statement personal, but rather he made it his personal feelings!

For the person that wants to get a club going, with charities!!! You may want to look elsewhere!!!!!!!!!!

Neal take me off the membership rolls, I can no longer be associated with this forum!!!
I've read his post 5 times and I'm still trying to figure out what you are talking about? Or is this a joke that I'm to dense to understand?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back